54

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗜𝗙𝗧𝗬-𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥
𝙞 '𝙢 𝙨𝙤𝙧𝙧𝙮, 𝙙𝙖𝙙.

𝗣𝗢𝗣𝗘 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗙𝗘𝗟𝗧 𝗠𝗢𝗥𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗡 𝗛𝗨𝗥𝗧 𝗔𝗦 𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗪 𝗗𝗢𝗪𝗡 the red gas tanks, the rejection stinging his chest as his feet stomped against the concrete.

"Gotta stick to the plan." He mumbled, gas hissing loudly as he poured it along the barbecue, "I like camels. I like Antarctica. What's wrong with that plan?"

His thumb rubbed against the top of the lighter, the flame flicking on as he hovered it over the sprawled gas.

As the distance between the gas and the small flame closed, the fire had shot up unexpectedly, the orange color lighting up his dark skin as he jumped back.

"Shit!" He yelped, stepping back as his eyes grew wide, "Luna! Kie!"

The two girls had been out of sight as the fire had only grown, the brunette girls sneaking around the Cameron's house as they searched for Sarah's window.

"Here, Kie." Luna whispered, directing the Pogue towards the framed windows.

There had been no sign of Sarah as they stared at the locked window, Luna glanced around for something stable enough to climb on, her feet dug into the brick below her as she hauled herself up.

Luna brought her knuckles to the glass, knocking lightly as she watched the blonde girl jump in her skin.

"Luna?" Sarah approached her window, her brows furrowed as she neared her.

She reached into her back pocket, revealing John B's wanted poster as she slapped it against the window, Kiara's flashlight shining over the paper as she stood beside her.

Luna glanced from the paper to the frozen teenager, "Are you in on it?"

A hint of hurt flashed through her tired eyes, her voice barely above a whisper as she responded, "Did you think I was?"

"No." Luna swallowed, pushing the paper out of sight as the group couldn't bare to stare at it any longer.

"Look we don't have time for chitchat." Kiara spoke up, "you have to get out of there."

"John B will either be fucking sentenced to life in prison, or shot." Luna added harshly.

Sarah widened her eyes at Luna's boldness, her lips parting as she nodded, her palm coming to lay flat against the glass surface, her eyes beginning to water as her bottom lip began to shake.

"You have to hurry, okay." Luna whimpered, holding back the fiery tears that threatened to escape.

"Okay." Sarah let her forehead fall, her shoulders shaking as she sighed.

Their moment of calmness was soon cut off, Ward's loud voice booming through Sarah's bedroom as he stopped in front of her door.

"Go!" The blonde quietly shouted, watching the duo scurry away from the window quickly as she jumped over towards her made bed.

"Shit that was close." Luna laughed, her hands coming to rest on her knees caps as she attempted to catch her breath.

Kiara slumped down slightly, breathing out as they stayed hidden in the shadows, "right."

Taking a few minutes to recollect themselves, the two had hurried over towards the fence, kicking their legs over it as they were met with JJ and Pope sat comfortably in the car.

"Drop me off at the Chateau." Luna directed JJ, her back hitting the soft seats as she laid tiredly against them.

His brows furrowed, "why? It's most swarmed with cops right now, Lu."

"I know, JJ. I need to grab something." Luna let her eyes flutter close, her fingers resting against her beating temples as she soothed the forming headache.

The car had came to a halt, signifying that they had arrived at the familiar home of John B's, silence filling the car.

"Thanks." Luna flashed a small smile at the quiet boy, her feet carrying her to the outside of the van, "I'll meet you guys at The Wreck pronto."

She watched the truck pull away from a place that she considered home, their were no signs of police cars or any police at all.

A sigh left her lips as she pushed open the front door, a low squeak escaping it's hinges as she walked through the silent house.

"You can do it." She whispered, her hand gripping the doorknob of her fathers old office, her chest had been rising up and down rapidly as it opened.

It had been messy, papers thrown around, maps and coordinates sprawled over the hard wood floor below her, her eyes flicked up the box on the top shelf.

The box was untouched, the cardboard painted a white as it had been labeled "L+J", her heart burned as she read the inked initials.

Pushing down the nerves growing in her stomach, she gripped the step stool, climbing on top of it as she pulled down the box, she kicked the small stool to the corner of the room as she exited.

The wind hit her face harshly as she stepped out into the humid summer night, her feet carrying her to the dock as she placed the box beside her.

Luna helped herself into the wooden ledge, her feet dangling over the dark waters as she dug into the box of memories next to her.

Tears built in her eyes as she glanced over the pictures, most of them being unfocused snaps of John B and Luna playing on the sand when they were kids.

"I'm sorry, dad." Luna chocked out a cry, the salty tears running down her tan cheeks as she rubbed her thumb along the image, "I'm so sorry."

:)
damn.
thank you for 23k reads <3
i love you all.