08

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧
𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝘾𝙖𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙨.

𝗝𝗢𝗛𝗡 𝗕 𝗛𝗔𝗗 𝗪𝗘𝗡𝗧 𝗢𝗙𝗙, 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗛𝗜𝗦 𝗪𝗔𝗬 𝗢𝗩𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗢𝗔𝗧, dragging Luna with him so they wouldn't question him as much which made zero sense to the girl.

Sunglasses placed on her eyes as they walked, several workers glancing their way with small waves, it was her first time on the boat, she wasn't friends with the Cameron's, more like forced acquaintances.

Luna lifted the tank, handing it to John B as she huffed, hands pulling down the blue sundress that JJ had picked out for her, she's guessing he picked that one because it had a hard time covering the goods. He had a problem.

"Are you stalking us? Plotting your revenge?" Sarah taunted, making her way over the edge of the boat as she ran her eyes over the tanks that were being loaded into their own boat.

"Yeah. Why don't you just tell your daddy we blew the bilge on Druthers?" Luna spat, rolling her eyes as she was helped into the boat by John. Her hatred for the Kook still clear, Sarah fake smiled at the girl, leaning against the edge of her boat.

John B lightly slightly Luna's hand, telling her to stop speaking, "Everything's good to go. Just toppin' off these tanks."

"Hey, are you okay?" Sarah sighed, her eyes on John, "'Cause that eye of yours looks really gnarly."

Luna laughed, her bottom lip rolling into her mouth as she glared up at her, "Yeah? You want a matching one?"

"You know what? You can tell Topper he won the first round. I'll get him next time." John B called, his feet carrying him over the bar, helping himself into the boat as he set the tanks down.

"So there's just gonna be a reign of terror on this island now?" Sarah questioned, her arms folded as he hair blew softly in the wind.

"Wars have been started for less, Sarah Cameron." Luna disclosed, popping open a coke can as she leaned back on the bow of the boat, her tan legs glowing in the sun.

Sarah narrowed her eyes at the two, her vision flicking back and forth, "Okay. Can we drop the whole Pogues versus Kooks thing? It is really stupid."

"You know, it's easy to say when you're a Kook." John smiled, his hands settling down on the wheel as the boat engine roared into the air, he began to drive, Luna stuck her middle finger up at the Cameron, sending her a grin as they sped away from her.

She gladly returned it.

𝗞𝗜𝗘 𝗛𝗘𝗟𝗗 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗞 𝗨𝗣, 𝗟𝗢𝗢𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗔𝗧 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗚𝗔𝗦 𝗔𝗠𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗧, she groaned, "This is empty. You took empty tanks?" She sorted threw them, holding up a half full one, "Okay, this one's a quarter full. It's enough for one of us."

"Love it when a plan comes together." Luna muttered under her breathe, pushing her brunette hair behind her ear as if fell down her shoulder, "Does anybody know how to dive?"

JJ flicked his eyes up at her, "It's kind of a Kook sport."

All eyes landed on her, John handing her a tank with raised brows, she swallowed, grabbing it as she examined it.

She shook her head, passing it back to the boy, "No clue. Not all of us know how to work a tank, JJ."

"I... read about it." Pope blurted, Kie shut her eyes in frustration, "Great, Pope read about it, so someone's gonna die."

John B held the mouth piece up, "Look, y-you put the thing in your mouth and breathe. How hard could it be?"

Luna placed her hands on her hips, tilting her head to the side as she looked at him, "If you come up too fast, nitrogen gets into your blood, and you get the bends."

JJ snorted, he leaned over, pushing out his backside as he joked, "Bends like, bend over and..."

"The bends kill you." Pope said flatly, JJ immediately standing up again, fixing himself as he nodded.

"I can... I can dive." John B stated, the tank still tight in his grip as he looked down at it.

Luna sat next to Pope, turning her head to him as they quickly discussed the feet, "That boat's about 30 feet down."

"So it'll take 25 minutes at that depth." Pope nodded, making sure John B was taking mental notes as they spoke back and forth, "Twenty-five."

"Which means you need to make your safety stop at about... ten feet." Luna informed, patting Popes shoulder as she stood, twisting the top of the tank,
double-checking it carefully.

Suddenly Kie ripped off her shirt, her bikini top being shown as she jumped into the water, swimming down to the tied rope.

Luna paused, her fingers coming to a halt as she stared at the water, "What was that all about?"

JJ shrugged, "I don't know, but I liked it. A lot." He cleared his throat, speaking to John, "Yeah. Uh, when you... uh, when you're down there, you look for the cargo hold. You stick this thing inside and twist and pull, okay?"

Kie swam back up the surface, "Hey! I tied my T-shirt to the anchor chain about ten feet down." She lifted herself back into the boat, water dripping down her body, "It's where you need to do your safety stop."

John B nodded, listening to Pope as he gave him directions, "Okay, how much do I need?"

"Unclear. Breathe as little as possible."
Pope hesitated, lifting the breathing tube as he clipped it, signaling for Luna to help him as they strapped him up, "Zen. Think Zen, you know?"

Time was ticking as well as John B's breathing supply, he fell back into the water, holding in his breathe as best he could, his feet kicking as the wreck came into to view.

A siren whooped in the distance, Luna practically jumped out of her skin as she watched the police boat approach them, Shoupe standing on the bow as he pulled up to them.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me." Luna groaned, pulling down her dress as JJ helped her up, her body turning towards the boat nearing.

𝗔𝗨𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗦 𝗡𝗢𝗧𝗘!
uh oh...