40

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗬
𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙨 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧.

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗜𝗧 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗨𝗜𝗟𝗧 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗪 𝗜𝗡 𝗟𝗨𝗡𝗔'𝗦 𝗦𝗧𝗢𝗠𝗔𝗖𝗛 𝗔𝗦 𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗟𝗔𝗬𝗘𝗗 JJ walking away in her head over and over again.

Her palm resting on her beating temples as she slumped onto the black chairs at The Wreck. She couldn't even eat the curly fries placed in front of her without puking.

"Look, he'll come around, all right? It's..." John B trailed off, breaking the silence, "he's doing a JJ thing."

If Luna wasn't already nauseous the thought of the blonde going back to his abusive household made it worse, "You think he'll go home?"

"There's about a zero percent chance that JJ goes home." Pope sighed, resting his elbows comfortably on the table top.

She glanced down at her bruised knees as she brought them to her chest, chin coming to nuzzle on the tops of them as she breathed out.

"You okay?" Her brother asked, tilting his head to the side as he ran his worried eyes all over her face.

Luna nodded, "yeah."

"Okay. It's too dangerous to pawn this thing off piecemeal." Pope changed the subject, "So our best bet is to go down there and get the rest of it. Bring it all up at once. Put it in... in a safe or a vault or something. I... I don't know. Just until we can find someone who won't rip us off. I can figure it out tonight, get it done, and we can be out there tomorrow morning."

"Okay, yeah." Luna formed her lips into a fine line as she shook her head in agreement, "my mom probably has some extra tools laying around that I can grab."

John B went of the plan in his head, tapping his fingertips on the table as he nodded, "All right, let's do it."

"What about that thing with my dad?" Sarah reminded him as she sat on his lap, dark eyes flicking between his annoyed ones.

Luna raised her brows at the mention of the Cameron, "What thing?"

"I have to go fishing with Ward." JB shrugged, ignoring the looks that had been shot at him.

"You can't get 400 mil 'cause you're gonna go kill fish?" Luna nearly scoffed at him, shaking her head from side to side as she laughed in denial.

Pope rolled his eyes, "blow it off. It's 400 million in gold!"

"Make something up!" Kie waved her hands around in annoyance as she raised her voice.

"Look, I... I have to, okay?" John B groaned, "He... he saved me, all right? If it weren't for Ward, I'd be in foster care. So...I have to go. Plus, it'll be better to do it at night. Right?"

"Fine, go fishing." Luna caved in as she lolled her eyes back. Slightly thankful for Ward since he would be able to give her some thinking time.

John B smiled softly, "And at least JJ will probably have washed up by then."

The couple had left soon after, Pope getting harassed by Heyward to come clean shellfish while Luna had to babysit Maya for the afternoon.

"Maya!" She called out as she locked the front door behind her, "my?"

"Lu?" The brunette popped out of her toy room at the sound of her older sisters voice, her small feet carrying her to the mud room, "you're here?"

She smiled softly at the younger girl, "yep."

The pigtails on her head bounced as she ran to her, wrapping her small arms around her sisters legs as she squeezed her, "I've missed you!" 

"I missed you." Luna laughed, placing her hands underneath her armpits as she lifted her up, "how's everything?"

The brunette shrugged as she was placed back on the ground, "not good."

Luna furrowed her brows as she walked into the kitchen, helping Maya onto one of the bar stools as she began to make a launch, "why not?"

"I heard something." Maya bit into her lower lip as she fiddled with her pink colored fingernails, "mommy was talking to Mr. Cameron about John B's dad. Is he your dad?"

She paused her cutting as she sighed, setting down the knife as she gripped her sisters hands softly, "yes. John B is my brother. But you are still my sister. We have the same mom. My dad isn't the same as yours."

"Oh, okay." Maya barely understand but nodded with a small smile, "sandwiches?"

"You got it." Luna bopped her small nose, giggles leaving the younger girls mouths as she jumped off the stool, running to grab her crate of toys.

Luna's shoulder dropped as she grabbed the marble counter, eyes closing as she sighed, "fuck."

:)
hi.
missed u
love u
ok bye MWAH