Wedding planning is going well

Elias

After Tori settled into her job, we got down to wedding planning. Our wedding planning was going well. The cousins, not so much. Their parents kept arguing with them about their weddings. Then you had their significant others' families throwing in their two cents.

Tori and I groaned while listening to everyone bicker.

"Is it too late to elope?"

I glanced at Tori and rolled my eyes.

"But I don't want a chapel wedding," Kayden said.

"What's wrong with a chapel wedding?" Markus asked.

"Can I have another minister?" Jayden asked.

Markus rolled his eyes. "No."

"What do you mean that you want to elope?" Mason asked Oliver.

"Read my lips. We don't want a big ass wedding."

"But the family has been waiting for this day forever," Skylar said.

"I don't care if you don't like chicken. Everyone has chicken at their wedding," Casey told Grayson.

"How about burgers?" Nash asked.

Casey cocked his head. "No."

Our weddings will suck." Grayson groaned.

"Deacon, you need to cut down on your guest lists," Dad said.

"But we know a lot of people."

"Who cares?" Nate asked.

"I care!"

"Well, I don't." Nate shrugged.

Deacon and Nate got into it as Dad separated them.

The cousins and my brothers had their ideas about their weddings. Our fathers had a different opinion. Our mothers were doing what they wanted. Yeah, our weddings were a clusterfuck.

Tori and I snuck out. Let the family battle it out amongst each other. We headed to Grammy's house.

I opened the door as something hit me. I looked at Grammy, who held a Nerf gun. She pulled up her goggles. Then another Nerd dart hit me.

"Elias! You screwed my shot," Grandpa said.

"Do I want to know what you're doing?" I asked them.

"Oh, Michael was keeping me entertained." Grammy removed her goggles and set her Nerf gun down. "It reminds me of when I moved in with your grandpa."

Grammy had an exciting childhood.

"What's up?" Grandpa asked.

"We needed to escape the nuthouse."

"Is everyone having issues?"

"They're arguing about their weddings. Dad threatened to shock my ass if I turn off my hearing aids."

Grandpa chuckled. "Yeah, your dad doesn't like when you ignore him. He was adamant about you and your brothers not turning into assholes."

I shook my head.

"How about some ice tea?" Grammy asked.

"Sure."

"Michael, can you bring us four ice teas?"

"Sure, Ma."

Grandpa went into the kitchen as Grammy shuffled to the couched and sat down. Tori and I sat down on the couch across from her. Grandpa returned a few minutes later with our ice tea and sat down in the recliner.