Getting ready for a wedding

Elias

It took a month for the appliances to arrive. My family, the crew, and I spent hours and days working on the house. It left little time to spend with Tori. I managed to check in with her, so the wedding was still on.

I also got fitted for my tux, along with my brothers and Gabe. Dad and Greg had their fittings while Mom and Sydney bought their dresses. The seamstress fitted Gia with her bridesmaid's dress.

Kain and Conner helped Oliver get the chapel ready. Flowers would arrive two days before the wedding. The staff at Gabe's restaurant set up for the reception. Uncle Lex designed the cake while the invitations had been sent.

It's been crazy, but everything was falling in place.

******
Maggie

Larkin brought in the mail. She handed me an envelope. I ripped it open and pulled out an invitation.

We cordially invite you to the wedding of
Elias Michael Harper
And
Victoria Eloise Williams
At
Noon
On
5 September

The Gray Wedding Chapel

I smiled.

Larkin sat down next to me on the couch. "You seem happy."

"September 5 was the day your dad and I got married. Then we had a wedding the following June."

"What made you and Dad elope?"

"I had battled some health issues in college. I wanted to marry your dad but didn't need the stress. Plus, I wanted to share the day with your uncles. I developed a bond with your dad and his brothers when I came to live with them."

"Do you regret not waiting?"

"No, because your father and I endured our troubles and found our way to each other. Most people didn't understand our relationship, but they didn't need to understand it. We understood it. The day we found out I was pregnant, your dad was ecstatic."

"Dad had his faults, but he loved us. I miss him."

"I do, too. I spent many years with your father. He wasn't only my husband and the father of my children, but he was my best friend."

"That's how I feel about Maverick. I can't imagine not having him in my life."

"Because he loves you. You can see it in his face when he's with you. It's the same way with your sisters and brother." I smiled.

Larkin hugged me.

"Do you know with your dad and Uncle Nixon, you would be affectionate?"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Most of the family tried, but you would only get close to those two. Lyric was good at not being coddled. Lakin would roughhouse. Luna would go to anyone who would show her attention. But Lex was different. He would hide behind your dad."

Larkin laughed. "Sounds right with Lex. He wouldn't go near many people unless we pried him from Dad's  leg."

"But each of you had your personalities and bond with your dad and uncles. It made me glad since I was the same way."

"It's because we take after you."

I nodded and smiled. Then the kids came into the house.

"Planning a wedding is exhausting," Lakin said.

Luna plopped down in a chair. "Tell me about it."

"After Elias comes Nate and Deacon's wedding. My babies are growing up," Lyric said.