Chaos

Elias

I hid the bag in a tool bag and carried it into the house. I checked to see if the coast was clear.

"Mom! Dad! Is anyone home?"

No answer. That's a good thing. We headed to the bathroom, then closed and locked the door. I set the tool bag on the floor and removed the plastic bag. Tori took out a pregnancy test and read the instructions.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm reading the instructions."

"Why?"

"So, I know how these work."

"You pee on a stick. It's not that complicated."

Tori gave me a look that says I'm an idiot. I shrugged.

"Okay, leave so I can pee on a stick."

"Why?"

"Because I can't pee with you watching me."

"I've seen you naked. I don't see the issue."

My eyes widened. Then I ran out of the bathroom and slammed the door shut. I didn't need to die before my wedding.

"Elias?"

I moved my head slowly to see Mom and Dad standing there. Well, shit.

******
Tori

I tinkled on the stick, then waited. I heard voices through the door. Oh, God. It sounded like Nora and Matt. In my haste, I peed in my hand. Well, that's gross.

I made sure I saturated the end, then put the cap on. I laid the stick on the counter and finished my business. After I finished and washed my hands, I glanced at the stick. Well, there's one line.

As the urine moved through the window, another line appeared. I picked up the stick and stared at it. So, I did what any person would do. I took another test. The following test showed a positive result. After five tests, I gave up.

Now to hide the evidence. I threw the tests into Elias's work bag and zipped it. Elias and I needed a chat because I'm going to kill him.

******
Elias

Mom questioned why I was hanging around the bathroom. Before I answered, the door opened with Tori holding my work bag.

"Oh, I didn't know you were in there," Mom told Tori.

"Yeah, I needed to pee and couldn't make it home."

"What's with the work bag?" Dad asked, pointing to the bag.

"I had a slight plumbing issue, so Elias was helping me with it." Tori shot me a look.

I looked at the ceiling. My dad isn't stupid, not with home repairs.

"Uh-Huh."

I told you.

Dad crossed his arms. "Would there be a reason you look green? I'm sure it's a lovely color on walls but not a person."

Tori looked at me. "Well, Elias, is there a reason?"

"Tori is trying out for a role as a leprechaun."

Dad put his palm on his face. Mom arched a brow.

Dad lowered his hand. "Is there something you want to tell us?"

I contemplate what I wanted to say. "The raincoat broke."

Mom's brows lifted. Dad looked at the ceiling. Tori's face contorted in rage. Then I ran as Tori chased me. Mom and Dad rushed outside as Tori chased me around the picnic table. We stopped so she could catch her breath.