Grayson and Tiff O'Neill

Elias

We managed to make it to Grayson's wedding. Thank God. One more marriage, and I'll hurt someone. Grayson had Kayden, Jayden, and Deacon stand up at the wedding. Better them than me. Tori didn't find humor in my comment.

We sat next to Nate and Gabe.

"How many more weddings do we need to attend?"
Nate asked me.

"It's the last one."

"Thank God."

Dad shot us a look. We waved. He rolled his eyes.

Now, let me explain a few key details. None of our weddings have gone without a hitch beside Tori and my wedding. Oliver resurrected Uncle Nixon for his wedding. Yeah, that's wasn't creepy whatsoever.

Kayden almost didn't get married. Jayden got married, but we had issues. Tori had Val at Nate's wedding. Nate's surrogate went into labor during Deacon's wedding. Grayson got arrested at Nash's wedding. Yeah, we suck with weddings. I told them to elope. It would have saved us issues and time.

Oliver took his place. So far, so good. We waited until Hooked On a Feeling started playing on the speaker. We turned our heads to see the groom and groomsmen dance down the aisle in leisure suits. What the fuck?

Oh, it gets better.

After the guys made it to the front, the song changed to Staying Alive by The Bee Gees. We stared at the bridal party dancing down the aisle dressed in dresses from the seventies. The girls rolled their hands and pointed as they were gyrating to the music.

"Well, you can't say Grayson didn't have an interesting wedding," Nate said.

I rolled my eyes. Once the bridal party reached the front, we sat down.

"Now that we revisited the disco era and terrible fashion sense, let's get down to business," Oliver said.

"No shit," Nate said.

Dad shot Nate a look. I chuckled.

"Dearly beloved, I gather us today before Grayson lands in the clink for the umpteenth time. Now marriage is a serious offense. You get sentenced to life without parole."

Nate and I snickered.

"Grayson understands better than anyone the legalities of committing himself to a sentence. He has a permanent spot in the county jail when he visits. Good luck, Tiff."

Nate and I were dying.

"Tiff, do you take this repeat offender as your jailbird husband?"

"I do." Tiff smiled.

"Grayson, do you take this poor soul as your wife? Because she'll need bail money for you."

"Hell, yeah." Grayson grinned.

"Well, we learned you couldn't follow instructions. No wonder you land in the clink. Thou shall not steal anything police-related, you heathen."

Grayson shrugged.

"Lord, I pray for these two hooligans. Let's hope their kids are smarter than their fathers. Because he leaves us little hope."

Yeah, Nate and I lost it.

"I pronounce you jailbird and sucker. Good luck with your marriage."

Grayson pulled Tiff into a kiss. We clapped and whistled. It made me happy that the wedding ended, and so did my suffering.

After the wedding party danced down the aisle, we headed to the reception.

*******
Matt

Nora and I arrived at the reception. I found my cousins and spoke to them. Since I didn't have brothers, they became like my brothers.

I glanced and saw the kids had arrived. The boys talked to their cousins and laughed. I pictured all of the boys when they were little, chasing each other. Now, they're grown, married, and starting families of their own.

"Hey, Matt," Payton said.

I looked at Payton. "Yeah?"

"What's going on in that head of yours?"

I looked at Payton, Parker, Markus, Patton, Paxton, Kaxon, Mason, Presley, and Larissa with our spouses. "I was thinking about when we were growing up and the kids."

My cousins glanced at me.

"We're not so different from each other. We had a close bond while growing up, and our kids have the same bond."

"It's because our family gave us that bond. Look at who our parents are," Parker said.

We glanced at our parents with our grandmother. Our grandparents had a set of quints who have a unique bond. When they had kids, they made sure we developed a bond like them. They say history repeats itself. I agree.

"Do you think family keeps their bond?" Patton asked.

"I don't think it matters," I said.

"Why?" Markus asked me.

"Because whether we're near or far, family matters."

My cousins nodded. As the kids began their lives, they would understand why family matters. Their kids would show them why.

*******
Elias

As much as I dislike weddings, it was nice to spend time with the family. Nash, Grayson, and Jayden were leaving in the fall to continue their education. Kayden's work kept him busy. It didn't matter because he was making a difference. Oliver and Owen were staying in town. Oliver runs the chapel while Owen was my business partner.

Nate will still work with Dad while Gabe would continue to operate the eatery. Deacon's life as a paramedic would keep him busy. Then you had Tori and me. We were busy with our careers and family.

Kids were arriving and expanding the family. I didn't mind. I get to have a family with my best friend. How many people can say they married the girl next door and raise a family with them? My grandparents can.

After a few hours, Tori and I headed out with Val, who fell asleep. Val slept in his car seat as I drove home. I carried Val inside when we got home and put him to bed.

I leaned on his crib rail and watched him sleep. Tori rubbed my back.

"I need to get another nursery ready," I said in a whisper.

"We have time."

I turned to face Tori. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For moving in next door to me." I smiled.

"Thank my parents. They're the ones who chose the location."

I chuckled as Tori smiled. Then I leaned in and kissed her. We left Val's room with our arms wrapped around each other.

It wouldn't be long before baby number two arrived. We had a doctor's appointment scheduled to find out when Tori was due. Something told me this baby would show us why we should have concerns. We would learn life has a way of throwing you a curveball. It's how you handle it that will determine how you handle life.