Pregnancy is weird

Elias

After that night, Tori's weird dreams subsided, but the cravings kicked in. She would wake me up for food that we didn't have in the house. I would go to the grocery store to buy what she wanted. Of course, she texts me a list.

I grabbed a shopping cart and pushed it up and down the aisles tossing the food into the cart. I encountered Owen while shopping.

"Let me guess. Your wife wants food that you didn't buy."

I held up my phone. "Tori, text me a list."

Owen chuckled.

"Why do our wives wait until we're asleep to get a weird-ass craving?"

"It's punishment for knocking them up. Wendy sat in the closet and cried for an hour because she didn't like any maternity clothes. She picked them."

I chuckled.

"Then she asked me if her butt was big."

"Please tell me you didn't say yes."

"What? No! I'm not insane. Mom and Dad warned me not to open my mouth."

I snickered.

"If I survive this pregnancy, I'm not having anymore."

"Then I would wrap your shit."

"Says the man whose raincoat broke."

"Well, I still wrapped it." I shrugged.

Owen rolled his eyes. We finished gathering the food and moved the carts to the register. I tossed everything onto the belt as the cashier glared at me.

"Service with a smile." I smiled.

The cashier frowned—tough crowd. The cashier finished ringing my order and bagged it. I paid her sourpuss and grabbed my bags. It's one in the morning, and I get happy Harriet.

I carried the bags to the car and put them in the trunk, then went home. Tori better be awake.

******
Tori

I sat on a kitchen stool and devoured a bag of Doritos. The kitchen door opened as Elias carried in plastic bags. He set them on the counter, then closed the door. I dug through the bags, pulled out a carton of ice cream, and crushed Doritos into it. I shoved a spoonful into my mouth.

"That's gross."

"What is gross?" I swallowed my mouthful of ice cream.

"Combining ice cream and Doritos."

"I wanted salty, sweet, and crunchy. Did you buy pickles?"

Elias pulled out a jar and handed it to me.

"What about pizza rolls?"

Elias tossed me the bag. Before I could ask, he emptied the bags onto the island. Well, he paid attention to the list that I sent him.

Elias grabbed the Doritos and popped a chip into his mouth. "I ran into Owen at the store. He decided that he doesn't have any more kids."

I giggled. "Owen is a drama Queen."

"What else is new?"

"Oliver's invitation arrived today."

"Great." Elias sighed.

"Well, we have Kayden's wedding, then Jayden's wedding. After their weddings are Nate's, Deacon's, Grayson's, and Nash's weddings."

"We have too many weddings."