Are you kidding me?

Elias

Everything was going well at home. Tori and I kept the boys from hurting each other. The boys were thriving. Then Tori dropped a bomb on me.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked in the kitchen.

"Do I look I'm kidding?"

"I use protection, and you're taking birth control."

"You told me one night, ah, screw it. Nothing will happen. Well, something did happen."

I closed my eyes and inhaled. God is laughing at me. Yep, we were expecting baby number four.

The best part was we weren't the only ones. Deacon and Gia were expecting. Nate laughed.

Dad shook his head as Mom bounced in her spot. I disagree that it's my fault that I have hearty swimmers. Those things break through any barrier. Oh, look, it's fertile, Myrtle. Get her!

This pregnancy was like the others. I gave up hope for a smooth pregnancy with Tori. She was crankier than usual. When I said something, she had a snarky comeback. What the hell? 

When the baby arrived, I blew a breath of relief. Then sighed when the doctor announced it was a boy. We named the baby Raphael Michael Harper. That was Tori's idea.

The family came to meet the newest Harper.

"You named your kid after a ninja turtle? Are you daft?" Nate asked me.

"Raphael is an archangel," I said.

"Cowabunga, dude." Nate gave me a surfer gesture.

"That's Michelangelo, you dumbass."

"It doesn't matter. You still gave him a ninja turtle name." Nate shrugged.

Grandpa held Raphael. "Well, I like his name. He has a strong name."

"You like it because he's named after you and Matthew," Nana said.

"That too."

We laughed.

Raphael arrived on Memorial Day. We had planned a barbecue, but our boy thwarted our plans. Val, Pat, and Romeo stood at the bedside and stared at Raphael. Then their eyes shifted.

"Don't even think about it," I told the boys.

"What?" Val asked.

"You three are planning something."

"No, we're not."

"Yes, you are."

"No, we not," Pat said.

"Yes, you are."

"No."

"Yes."

"You're two."

"So?"

"So, you start young."

"No," Romeo said.

"You don't start."

"Yes."

"Don't sass me."

"I sass you."

I gave Romeo a look. He grinned.

Have you ever argued with toddlers? It's not fun. You take calming breaths, so you don't lose your shit. It wasn't working for me. My boys are hellions. God, save them.

******
Tori

After two days, the hospital released me. We got Raphael settled in at home and brought the boys home. The boys weren't having Raphael taking my attention away from them. Elias stepped in, but I handled it.