A surprise romance

Bradley

I worked it out with Elias at work so that I could help Hazel. He had no issue with it.

I took Hazel to the store to purchase items for the bathroom. She had issues with the other customers because of her anxiety. I stuck close to her and reassured her. She relaxed and picked out what she wanted.

After checking out, we loaded my truck with the supplies, then headed back to her house. We carried in the items and set them aside, then demo the bathroom. We removed the old things and cleared out the bathroom.

The first thing was painting the bathroom. Hazel picked a warm, neutral color to brighten the bathroom. I showed her how to paint, then started painting. It was going well until she rolled over my hand.

I glanced at her.

"Oh, sorry." Hazel cringed.

"No worries, but stick to the wall."

Hazel nodded as I cleaned my hand. We continued painting until something hit my back. I tugged at my shirt to noticed the paint. I shot Hazel a look.

"I was dipping my roller in the pan and hit you by accident."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive." Hazel nodded her head.

"Stick to the walls." I pointed my brush at the walls.

"How about if I use a brush?"

I returned to cutting. When I turned my head, a paintbrush smacked me in the face. I grabbed a rag and wiped my eyes.

"I'm so sorry."

"You're sorry?"

"I never painted before." Hazel shrugged.

I nodded, then smacked her in the face with my paintbrush.

"Bradley!"

"Oops, I meant to dip my brush in the paint. You got in my way."

Hazel grabbed a rag and wiped off her face. "Ugh." Hazel's eyes narrowed, then she grabbed the paint can and threw it at me. I ducked as paint flung at me, and the can hit the wall. I stood up as we stared at the mess.

"Well, I'm not sure that's how you paint," I said.

I heard giggled and noticed Hazel laughing. I couldn't help but laugh.

We cleaned up the mess and ourselves. It's a good thing we have more paint. I tossed stuff into a garbage bag.

"Thanks for helping me. It's nice to have company even if it's remodeling a bathroom," Hazel said.

I lifted my head as Hazel looked at me, then leaned in and pressed my lips to hers, surprising both of us. I pulled back. "Sorry, I didn't mean...."

Hazel interrupted me by crashing her lips into mine. She gripped my shirt as I placed one hand on the back of her head and my other hand on her back. Our lips moved in sync with each other as we kissed.

Then I stopped.

"What's wrong?" Hazel asked me.

I removed my hands, moved from her, and sat down. "I don't have the best experience with women."

"Oh." Hazel sat back on her knees.

"I don't have any experience."

"None?"

"Well, I dated one girl, and she married my boss."

Hazel's brows lifted. I shifted my eyes. It isn't enjoyable to know you're twenty-three and a virgin. It doesn't help when people criticize the size of your manhood.