Welcome home, Mrs. Harper

Tori

After we flew home, Elias blindfolded me in the car. Now, if we weren't married, this would be creepy on so many levels.

"Why do I need to wear a blindfold?"

"Because I want to see your expression."

"And you needed to blindfold me? Do you realize how creepy this is?"

"Why must you make everything seem creepy?"

"Because it's reality."

"No, it's your reality."

The car stopped as the engine turned off. Well, we arrived at our destination. Please let it not be some creepy-ass woods where the guy takes the girl to an abandoned cabin. Okay, I need to stop watching horror movies.

The car door opened. Elias took my hand and helped me out of the car. Then he led me to my doom. Yeah, I need to stop watching movies. My imagination was running wild with every horrible scenario.

Elias stopped me, then removed the blindfold. After my eyes adjusted from the darkness, I stared at the house.

"Does this look like a creepy log cabin in the woods?"

I glanced at Elias. He smirked.

I shook my head. "No, but don't make it seem like you are leading me to my impending death."

Elias chuckled. Yeah, we have a strange relationship, but it works for us.

We entered the house, and my jaw dropped. Not only was the house finished, but it had furniture. Then I did what any wife would do. I explored the house. Who wouldn't want to explore a place with a billion rooms? Okay, I'm kidding. There weren't a billion but several.

I wandered around the house, looking at the family room, kitchen area with a dining room, half bath, and a spacious office. Then I climbed the stairs to the second floor, which had seven bedrooms, two bathrooms, and a master bathroom. What the hell?

I came out of our bedroom as Elias stood in the hallway. "Why do we need so many bathrooms?"

"Did you grow up with siblings?"

I thought about it. "Good point."

"If we have more kids, we'll need the bathrooms."

"Let's get through the first pregnancy. Then we'll talk." I patted Elias's chest.

He rolled his eyes. Hey, he's not carrying the bundle of joy. I am.

We came down the stairs and went to grab our bags out of the car. I'm glad to be home. It's not that I didn't like Myrtle Beach, but traveling is exhausting. After taking our bags to the laundry room, I tossed a load into the washer. It made more sense than taking the bags upstairs and carrying the dirty clothes downstairs.

I got the first load started, then went into the kitchen. Elias was on the phone.

"I need one large pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms, and green peppers. Then give me a two-litter of Coke and Pepsi. Sounds good." Elias hung up the phone.

I slid onto a chair at the island.

"I figured neither of us wants to cook after traveling."

"You figured right." I grinned.

Elias shook his head. He leaned on the countertop. "So, let's talk doctors."

"I wouldn't know where to begin."

"It's a good thing that Dad talked to Parker."

"But Parker is a nurse."

"True, but he knows a doctor that specializes in obstetrics. He gave me his card."