Honeymoon destination

Tori

After the wedding, Elias and I flew to Myrtle Beach for our honeymoon. He wanted to show me the family beach house. We entered the house and set our bags down. I wandered around the house, getting lost in it.

Of course, Elias found me in a different section of the house.

"Okay, what is the purpose of a big ass house?"

Elias chuckled. "My grandpa Grayson's family built it. They passed it down to my grandfather. The Gray Family is enormous."

"What about the Harper family?"

"They're not as big. There were three brothers. My great-grandpa died in a plane crash."

"That's terrible."

"Yeah, Dad explained what happened."

I smacked Elias.

"What was that for?"

"You don't tell a pregnant woman about a plane crash. We still have to fly home." I rolled my eyes.

My husband is a dipshit.

"Well, you asked. I told you. Plus, weren't you the one talking about planes crashing when we traveled on spring break?"

"It was an observation."

"And a terrible one."

I shook my head. Elias took my hand and led me through the house until we were outside. I stared at the ocean in amazement.

"You wanted to see the ocean."

I glanced at Elias and smiled. Then I walked away from him. Lakes are enormous bodies of water, but oceans are vast areas of water. There's a significant difference between the two. I inhaled the salty air.

"When we return, we need to switch doctors."

I turned my head to Elias.

"I didn't like the way the doctor dismissed your concerns."

I sighed. "I'm not an alarmist, but I have concerns."

Elias looked at me. "I never said you weren't. Tori, my parents never expected to raise a deaf child. No one in the family is deaf. But Mom said doctors shouldn't dismiss the patient."

"Yeah, but your parents loved you anyway. Nora and Matt don't strike me as the type of people to not care."

"No, but they will beat our asses. Dad feels it doesn't matter. If we do stupid shit, we get our asses beat."

I giggled. I love Matt and Nora. They didn't put up with shit from Elias and his brothers.

"Did you pack your air plugs and extra hearing aids?"

"Nope."

I gave Elias a skeptical look.

"My mom did." He smirked.

"Cute."

Elias shrugged. Okay, note to self. Make sure I pack my husband an extra pair of earplugs and hearing aids for our trips since he's a dingleberry.

"Let's eat so that I spend quality time with my wife."

Elias took my hand and led me to the car. Yeah, I was a little hungry from the plane ride.

*******
Elias

I drove to town and found a restaurant. Myrtle Beach had many spots to eat and shop. It didn't matter because I had other plans with Tori.