Family

Tori

Elias and I headed home after visiting Grammy Maggie. There was something about seeing the family together that warmed my heart.

"You seem lost in thought."

I glanced at Elias and smiled. "Your grammy is amazing. I loved what she said about the necklace." I rubbed my stomach. "She loved your grandpa. You can tell."

"My grammy understood my grandpa. They even broke up briefly, but neither dated other people."

"I couldn't imagine us breaking up."

Elias glanced at me.

I rolled my eyes. "You know what I mean."

"Woman, I waited four long years to marry you. Why in the hell would that thought cross your mind?"

"You never know." I shrugged.

Elias rolled his eyes.

No, Elias and I never considered breaking up. We drive each other nuts, but splitting isn't part of the equation.

Elias pulled into the driveway. We got out of the car and went inside. I kicked off my shoes, shuffled over to the couch, and plopped down. Then I put my feet on the coffee table. Ugh, my ankles had swelled. Elias joined me on the couch.

"I'm sure if I dig having swollen ankles."

"Well, you're carrying precious cargo." Elias smiled.

I chuckled as he laughed. My husband is a nut. The doorbell rang, and I groaned. Elias snickered.

As I sat with my feet propped up, Elias returned with our brothers. They sat down in the recliners.

"Didn't I see you today?" I asked Gabe.

"You're always a pleasure, Tori." Gabe rolled his eyes.

I shrugged.

"Excuse my wife. She's cranky."

"I am not cranky." I groaned.

Nate, Gabe, and Elias gave me a look.

"Okay, fine.  I'm a little cranky."

"That's an understatement," Nate said.

I stuck my tongue out at Nate.

"And mature."

I made a face at Nate.

"Will you stop?" Elias asked me.

"I can't help it." I groaned.

"Yeah, you can. Now, stop it."

I pouted. I know it's not mature, but people were annoying me lately. I swear this baby was messing with my emotions.

*******
Elias

When did my wife become a toddler? She went from this strong, independent woman to acting like a three-year-old. She blames the baby. I blame her hormones.

"How is the surrogate doing?"

"So far, so good. The babies will arrive in April. It works out because it's after the wedding. That reminds me. If you don't want to stand up at the wedding, you don't have to, Tori," Gabe said.

"Gabriel, I'm standing up, and you won't stop me. I dealt with your crap while growing up. You owe me."

"Damn, you're moody."

Tori started bawling. "I'm sorry. My hormones are going crazy."

Gabe tried to comfort her. She almost ripped off his head. Telling your brother not to touch you isn't helpful. Yeah, Gabe and Nate left afterward.