Brothers

Elias

I learned that having brothers prepares you for the shitstorm that will happen. We knew that with the boys.

As the boys got older, we received news that Uncle Nathan passed away. His last wish was to be cremated, and he didn't want a funeral. The family honored his final wishes.

A year later, Uncle Nolan followed suit. We celebrated Uncle Nolan, hoping he reunited with his brothers. Life brings you twists and turns. It's how you navigate the journey that makes the difference.

******
Nolan

I looked around at the bright light that surrounded me.

"Hey, you lost?" Someone asked me.

I turned around and smiled. Nash, Nixon, Nathan, and Noah stood before me. I strolled towards them.

"What took you so long?" Nathan asked me.

"It's not my fault you tools left before me. And thanks for leaving me," I told my brothers.

"You didn't think that we wouldn't wait for you, did you?" Noah asked me.

"Nah, I figured you would greet me."

Nash gave me a crooked smile. "It's been a long time, little brother."

"Yeah, but I had to make sure Maggie was okay."

Nash nodded.

"Well, you're lucky that God forgives, or you would land in an inferno," Nixon said.

"I figure you would have put in a good word for me," I smirked.

Nixon rolled his eyes. We turned and walked towards Ma and Dad waiting for us.

"What will happen now that the Gray brothers aren't around?" Noah asked.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry," Nash said.

"Why not?" Nathan asked.

"Because a new set of brothers will give the world a run for its money."

We glanced at Nash. He chuckled as we laughed. Good luck, world. You'll need it with the new generation of brothers.

*******
Elias

"What is wrong with you?" I asked the boys.

The boys gave me a mischievous look.

"I don't need to bail you out of the clink."

"Aren't you being overdramatic?" Raphael asked me.

"No. Do you want me to beat your ass?"

"It's not our fault," Patrick said.

"I beg to differ." I crossed my arms. "No one told you to beat the hell out of those group of kids."

"Those asswipes started it. We finished it," Val said.

I placed my hand on my face. My hellions turned into hell raisers.

"If someone touches one of us, we touch them unless it's a girl. Then she can touch me all she wants."
Romeo smirked.

"Son, if you don't keep your dick in check, I'll help you."

Someone laughed. We looked at Marty.