Deacon and Gia Harper

Elias

With recent events, we made it to Deacon and Gia's wedding. I'm still not a fan of weddings. But if I don't stand up at Deacon's wedding, Mom will hurt me. I tried to figure out ways to get out of it. All my ideas got vetoed. I even used Valentine as an excuse. Mom bought him a baby tux.

"Could you act happy?" Dad was helping Deacon with his bow tie.

"Yeah, unlike my wedding when you skated out early," Nate mentioned.

"I don't see how Tori having Val at your wedding constitutes skating out early. You're lucky we made it through your wedding," I told Nate.

"I'm happy that your brother didn't make me a grandfather before his wedding, unlike you both," Dad said.

"We didn't make you grandfather until after we got married, and my twins aren't here yet," Nate said.

"It doesn't matter. You knocked up an unsuspecting girl."

"I didn't have sex with her. We paid for her to carry our offspring."

"That sounds wrong on so many levels," I said.

Dad and Nate rolled their eyes.

"Well, if I knocked up Gia before we say I do, my boys will say I don't," Deacon told us.

"Why?" Nate asked.

"Because Gia's family doesn't believe in babies before marriage. They think she's pure."

"Gia hasn't been pure for years."

"Her family doesn't know that."

"Didn't Gabe pop her cherry?" I asked.

Nate and Deacon glared at me.

Dad placed his hand on his face. "Son, I don't want a wedding and a funeral on the same day."

"It's not my fault that Nate and Deacon like to share."

"Stop talking before I beat your ass."

Why do I get the blame for pointing out the obvious? My brothers ignored the fact that Gabe and Gia dated. I didn't forget and love to remind them every chance I get.

The door opened to the groom's room. Jayden poked his head inside. "Would you like to hurry up before Grammy whacks you with a frying pan?"

"We're coming," Dad said.

Dad ushered us out of the room and to the front. I stood next to Nate and prayed we had a short wedding.

The wedding march started. The matron of honor and bride's man strolled down the aisle. Yeah, don't ask. Deacon and Gia had us and our spouses stand up. I'm not dancing with Gabe.

Then Gia and her dad appeared at the back of the chapel. They started down the aisle as Nate's phone rang, followed by Gabe's phone.

"Do you mind?" Oliver asked them.

"Hang on," Nate said.

Nate and Gabe answered their phones. Gia and her dad stopped midway down the aisle.

"Are you shitting me? Now?" Nate asked.

"Are you serious? Hell, yeah!" Gabe said.

We stared at Nate and Gabe. They noticed and lowered their phones.

"The surrogate is in labor," Nate said.

"What?" Our parents asked.

"What do we do?" Gabe asked.