Two days before the wedding

Tori

I met with the seamstress for my final fitting. Everything was fine until we tried to zip the dress.

"Suck in your gut," Gia said.

Gia doesn't know about the pregnancy, and neither do many people. Elias and I wanted to announce it at the wedding reception.

I tried to suck in my stomach. Gia got the dress zipped, but it was a little snug. Correction: it was a lot snug. As long as I don't move or breathe, I'm fine.

"Well, it fits." Gia cringed.

I moved my arms. Rip. My eyes widened as Gia's mouth dropped.

"Did my dress rip?"

"Uh, no."

I tried to check. Rip. I stopped. Gia stared at me as my eyes welled with tears.

"Don't move. I'm going to get your mom." Gia rushed out of the dressing room.

I stood there as tears fell down my cheeks. Gia returned with my mom. Mom saw the torn material.

I wiped my eyes. "I'm getting married in two days, and my dress tears. We've run into issues with the wedding and the house. Someone is telling me that the wedding will be a disaster." I stood in my dress, trying not to cry.

"Give me a minute. Gia, stay with Tori." Mom left the dressing room.

I turned around, careful with my dress. I ran my hands over my stomach and lowered my head. I sighed.

Someone touched me. I lifted my head to see Elias standing behind me. I turned to face him.

"What are you doing here? It's bad luck to see the bride in her wedding dress. It's not like it matters."

Elias took my hands into his. "I'm not marrying a wedding dress. I'm marrying you."

"Elias."

"No, Tori." Elias shook his head. "We went through too much to reach our wedding."

"But there's no way the seamstress can fix the rips in the dress. There's not enough time."

"Then buy another dress. Our wedding isn't about the food, the place, or the dress. It's about us celebrating our love."

I stared at Elias in awe

"In two days, I'll be waiting for you to walk down the aisle. Your dad will give me your hand. We'll pledge our love to each other, then spend the rest of our lives together. Because I love you deeper than the ocean."

I smiled. "Forever and always."

Elias nodded. I leaned over and kissed Elias. Then my dress ripped. I sighed. Elias chuckled, then handed me his credit card. It looks like I'm buying a new dress.

******
Elias

I skated and left Tori to buy a new dress. A dress doesn't matter to me. What matters is having Tori say I do.

I drove over to the chapel to check on the final arrangements. I entered the chapel to see it decorated with flowers and ribbons. Most people have a rehearsal dinner, but we didn't need one.

I strolled towards the front and stood there. I looked around at the chapel. In two days, I was marrying my best friend.

"Nervous?"

I saw Oliver standing there. "I thought I would be nervous, but I'm not. I'm marrying my best friend."

"When we realize what the person means to us, we understand why we belong together."