Meeting with the minister

Elias

Two weeks later, we met with Oliver on a Saturday. Oh, yay. 

Tori and I entered the chapel and found Conner straightening the front. We walked towards him.

"Is Oliver here?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's finishing up with his appointment."

"I don't care what you want! You show up and say I do! How hard is it?"

We turned to see Oliver, Jayden, and Laticia come out of the office.

"If you screw up our wedding, I'll kill you," Jayden said.

Laticia tried to separate Oliver and Jayden.

"You worry too much," Oliver said.

"I wanted another minister, but Dad said no!"

"Because it's a family tradition, you twit! What part don't you get?"

"I'm not sure the minister should yell in the chapel," Tori said.

"It's been a freaking nightmare with the weddings. The cousins keep arguing about everything," Conner said.

I glanced at Tori and Conner. I have my dad's temper and lack of bullshit. I walked over to Oliver and Jayden and moved Laticia out of the way. Then I knocked their heads together.

"Damn, Elias! What the hell was that for?" Jayden asked while rubbing his head.

"Both of you are acting like jackasses. Stop it."

"I don't see the problem except the psycho twins have an issue with me officiating their weddings," Oliver said.

I closed my eyes and inhaled. Then I opened my eyes and looked at both. "It's one day. Weddings are a formality for family and friends. It's the marriage that matters."

"But no one is listening to what we want," Jayden said.

"What?"

"That's why we're upset. Every time we voice our opinions, our parents dismiss us. Do you know how it feels to have your family ignore your wishes?"

"Is that what the problem is?"

"Yes, and we've been trying to tell everyone."

"Then what's the issue with Oliver officiating?"

Jayden shifted in his spot. "Laticia's family is coming. They aren't fans of interracial relationships."

Now, everything made sense.

"Then uninvite her family."

"What?"

"Jayden, it won't matter what type of wedding you have. If her family doesn't like mixed races, then nothing you do will make them happy. The day is about you and her, not them."

Jayden sighed.

The problem with my cousins is they're trying to appease the wrong people. Plus, you have their parents who aren't listening to them. Yeah, it's time to fix this issue with some help from a set of quints.

But first, Tori and I needed to meet with Oliver. Jayden left as we entered the office and sat down. Oliver sat down at his desk.

"When Uncle Nixon bequeathed me the chapel, I didn't realize how many issues I would have." Oliver sighed.

"Because Uncle Nixon didn't care what people thought. He did things his way. You should try it."

Oliver glanced at me. I smiled.