Hope

Oliver

I leaned against the doorframe as Conner packed up Jordin's room.

"Conner."

"I'm sure someone in the family could use baby clothes."

"Conner."

"We could donate the baby items."

I stepped towards Conner and touched his arm. He looked at me as his bottom lip quivered. I pulled him to me as he cried and clenched the onesie. I comforted Conner as he sobbed. I knew this would happen.

I pulled back as Conner lifted his head. "I couldn't lie. People trust me."

Conner nodded his head and sniffled. Then the doorbell rang. We left Jordin's room. I answered the door and stared at Kayden with the carrier. He entered the house and set the carrier down.

"Erin is filing termination paperwork to terminate the parental rights of the baby," Kayden told us.

"What?" I asked.

"The parents left the baby at the hospital to protect him. We consider that abandonment. If you still want to foster Jordin, you can."

"You're not messing with us, are you?"

"Oliver, we don't mess with people when the situation involves a child. But there's a reason the mother chose the hospital and why you were chosen. The flock protects the lambs."

I nodded.

"Congratulations, Dads." Kayden smiled, then left.

Conner didn't waste time unhooking Jordin and lifting him out of his carrier. He cradled Jordin in his arms. "The next time, we fight for Jordin."

"I agree." I smiled.

We sat down on the couch and spent time with our son. Most people wouldn't understand, but we wanted a family. God brought a child into our lives and gave us hope. It's the one thing we hold onto when life gets rough.

******
Bradley

I spent time with Hazel while updating her house. Most people were getting married and having families. But it made me happy to spend time with someone who accepted me.

We took a break from home repairs and had dinner. I helped Hazel cook, then sat down at the table.

"I'm so glad Elias and Owen recommended me to you," Hazel said.

"Why?" I asked in between bites.

"Because I got to fall in love with someone sweet."

I stared at Hazel in surprise. "You're in love with me?"

"It's easy to love you." Hazel shrugged.

"I never had a girl tell me that she loves me."

"Their loss is my gain." Hazel grinned.

I chuckled. "I'm glad you said something."

"Why?"

"Because I didn't want to confess my love and fall in my face." I glanced at Hazel as she smiled at me.

Meeting Hazel and spending time with her gave me hope. I never thought I would ever meet someone. Then one day, a woman came into the showcase room needing cabinets. It's funny how life works out.

*******
Nate

Gabe and I tagged teamed with the twins. We would switch off with Roman and Ryden, so we had equal time with them. Gabe cut back on his hours at the restaurant to spend time with us.