An apple a day keeps the doctor away

Tori

People say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but in our case, it gives us pies, donuts, and cider. Since Oliver's wedding was in a few weeks, we made a trip to the Apple orchard. It bummed me that I couldn't climb trees, but Elias and the others told me no.

"Who drags their pregnant wife to an Apple orchard?" Gia asked.

"Owen and Elias do."

"Owen sucks monkey balls," Wendy said.

Gia and I laughed. We walked through the orchard as the guys climbed trees and plucked apples from the branches.

"Where are the other girls?" I asked while looking around the orchard.

"They're eating donuts and drinking cider," Gia said.

"Ooh, I want donuts and cider." Wendy pivoted and walked back to the orchard mill.

I looked at Gia. "Donuts and cider sound better than walking around an Apple orchard."

"You read my mind."

We turned around and joined the others. Let the boys fend for themselves.

******
Elias

I had Nate and Deacon toss apples into my bags. Since I restricted Tori from climbing, I made my brothers climb the trees. Everything was fine until my hearing aid buzzed. I played with it until an Apple beamed me in the head, making me stumble back. One of my hearing aids fell from my ear. I stepped on it. Shit.

I dropped the bags of apples and gathered the pieces of the hearing aid. People's voices were intermittent. Then someone tapped me. I looked at Nate.

"What happened?" He signed.

"The batteries are dying in my hearing aids. I was messing with one when someone beamed me with an Apple. One hearing aid got loose and fell. I stepped on it," I signed back.

Nate and Deacon looked at me.

"I need to grab another one. Let Tori know."

Deacon nodded. Nate went with me to grab another pair of hearing aids.

Here's the problem when your hearing aids stop working. You don't hear sounds behind you. Someone ran into me from behind me. We toppled to the ground. What the hell?

I shook my head, then shoved Kayden off of me. He moved his lips, but I was having difficulty focusing. Nate took exception and fought with Kayden. They forgot I was trying to stabilize myself and knocked me down.

When I get my replacement hearing aids, I'll beat their asses. It didn't matter. I got caught up in their brawl. The cousins tried to break it up, but someone received a punch. Yeah, guess who?

******
I sat in the emergency room with Tori as the doctor set my nose. I swung at the doctor. Parker had to subdue me. I'm not at all convinced that it's my fault. That hurt like a bitch.

"Elias, knock it off," Parker said.

Thanks to Tori, I knew what Parker said. I glared at him. The doctor wrote me a script, then left. I sat on the bed as Parker placed a bandage across my nose. Then Tori handed me my replacement hearing aids. I put them in and turned them on.

"How's your nose?"

"Broken."

"Well, I guess an apple doesn't keep the doctor away."

I crossed my arms and glared at Tori.

"What was the purpose of dragging me to the apple orchard with your brothers and cousins? Did you forget they're crazy?"