Chapter Fifty Nine

Suga POV

"Where did you learn to fight like that?" I asked at last, choosing the easiest question and breaking the uncomfortable silence that had taken over our group for the last ten minutes. 

"Hm? Oh. I told you, this wasn't the best place to grow up. I... didn't really have a choice. Let's stop here for a second."

Y/n gestured to the place we now stood overlooking the ocean.

"Why here?" asked Daichi as we all turned to face the water. 

"It's pretty." I responded as Y/n leaned her elbows on the metal railing and looked out. 

"For all its flaws, Yokohama is lovely." she hummed. 

"You're not gonna be late are you? If we spend a moment here?" I asked, a bit concerned. 

she shook her head. 

"It's right by here."

In all this mess, Y/n had only set up one true time to meet with an old friend. Her claim that we would inevitably run into the rest was proving to be true. We were only provided a moment of silence when a calm voice cut through the air. 

"Belladonna, what a surprise seeing you here." and I turned to see a tall man with brown hair and lots of bandages all over his body place a hand on Y/n's head from behind. 

"Dazai Osamu, you're bad at hiding." responded Y/n, still looking out at the sea. 

"Ah little angel, maybe I just wanted you to see me. I was surprised you actually left."

"Don't call me that." sighed Y/n, knocking the mans hand, Dazai's hand, from her head and turning around so she now leaned back against the railing, "I'm not an angel."

"But yes you are. As much as these streets still fear the king, they love the angel."

"Why are you like this." 

"You know you love me!"

"Yeah, I do."

This seemed to catch the strange man off guard. 

"What?" he said softly, the teasing smile slipping from his face. 

Before he could say anything else, I decided to butt in. 

"Sugawara Koshi." I announced, holding my hand out to the man with a friendly smile, "You are?"

"Dazai Osamu." the man responded after examining me for a moment, "Y/n-chan, who is this?"

"The wildly clever Dazai Osamu, needing me to explain something to him? He's my fiancé." responded Y/n, "The other is Daichi, the best man for the wedding. And here I was, thinking Fyodor was your chess partner."

"Oh." was all Dazai responded before taking my hand and shaking it, "Nice to meet you."

"God fucking damnit!" yelled Y/n suddenly, standing up straight and hitting the ground with her cane, anger clear on her face, "Why can't one fucking person just be happy for me!?"

"You know exactly why."  hummed Dazai in response.

"Don't look at me like that, I'm not the only one who has broken promises here." she angrily replied. 

This comment seemed to beat Dazai into submission as he changed the subject. 

"So what brought you back to town?" he asked, his teasing smile returning once more.

"Koshi wanted me to invite 'my side of the family' to the wedding."

"Oh"

"Yeah."