Chapter Thirty Four

Y/n POV

Dinner with Chuuya had been thoroughly pleasant. We'd talked and caught up and gotten out of our minds drunk which was probably the reason I now had a splitting headache.

"Ryuuu..." I groaned, sitting up in bed with my hands clutched to my head, "it hurts!"

"That's your own fault stupid." he said without looking up from his desk nearby.

"Hey! Don't call me stupid stupid." I shouted playfully, quickly regretting my decision and burying my head between my knees, "Owww! don't be so loud!"

Ryu sighed and I heard him get up and leave the room.

I was disappointed to be left alone but my head hurt too much to do anything other than sit there. In short, I didn't make a move to follow Ryu as I normally would have.

The sound of Ryu's footsteps returning made me look up and I watched him enter the room with a glass of water and a small bottle of pills.

"Advil." he said plainly, removing one pill from the container and handing it to me along  with the glass of water.

Gratefully, I grabbed the pill from his hand and took it.

"What did I do without you, Ryu-kun?" I asked playfully, looking up at my black haired companion.

He ruffled my hair and sighed.

"I just don't know, Bug. You must've been lost."

I let out a short laugh and stood up.

"So!" I cried, jumping off the bed and landing in front of Ryu with a crash, "Whats on the docket today?"

"Didn't that hurt? The advil hasn't kicked in yet." he pointed out, looking a bit worried.

"Placebo effect. Don't worry about me." I smiled, ruffling his hair as revenge.

He sighed again.

"I'm really just worried for you Y/n-chan." he smirked, "What happens if I have to go away on a mission like you did and you were left on your own?"

"I wouldn't be alone. Gin lives here too you know."

"What if Gin wasn't here?"

"Then I'd stalk one of you. Or go stay with Dazai-san. Anything to not be alone."

Suddenly, Ryu wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his chest.

"I promise that will never happen."

"What?" I asked, looking up at Ryu through a haze of confusion.

He crouched down like he was talking to a child and looked me dead in the eyes, grabbing my arms tightly.

"I promise I'll never leave you y/n-chan."

"Good, then I promise never to leave you either Ryu-kun."

He sighed in relief before standing back up.

"Good. Now get changed. I'll tell you whats up for today over breakfast."

----------------

THIS WAS SO GOOD! AM I ALLOWED TO SAY THAT? EVEN THOUGH IM THE AUTHOR?? THIS WAS SO GOOD. HE IS SO GOOD. I LOVE HIM.

status: edited october 26th 2023

editing author: this was not in fact good.