(7) WHEN I SAY 'BULL' YOU SAY 'SHIT'

A/N: sorry for the longer leave than announced: our holidays took a very funny turn and lasted longer than expected. But I can assure you: I am not even close to deleting this story, and shit is about to go down very soon...

"Oh hell no" Crystal whispers under her breath, but somehow it was what every Westside High schooler was thinking at that very moment.

Because chaos was about to occur within the school's walls.

At the main entrance, only just putting a foot inside Westside High School for the first time of their lives, some Eastsiders are coming in with confidence and arrogance. Their leader - obviously Shelina Zadorsky, whose father own three quarters of Sunnyvale, but not only: Crystal immediately recognizes Abby Dahlkemper, aka the mayor's daughter - aka, the bitch that is untouchable no matter what. Moreover, the Mewis sisters - Kristie and Sam, the sheriff's daughters (a sheriff who has arrested half the young people in this school already, so he isn't really liked) - as well as notorious girls belonging to Shelina's gang: Alanna Kennedy, Leah Williamson, Caitlin Foord, and many other that weren't well known around here. The fact that Eastside is wealthy is attracting a lot of foreign students - most of the time daughters or son of important business men and women, or diplomats, and so on. 

As soon as Shelina's ice cold eyes meet Crystal, the girl knows this isn't going to go smoothly at all - especially when the sheriff steps in, as well as the mayor. If there are two people that Crystal and all Westsiders hate to the bone, it is Bob Mewis and Andrew Dahlkemper, the men who are stigmatizing their home and friends. 

Endorsing her leader role, Becky steps up, and stops right in front of Shelina, who also stops walking, a smirk on her face. By the blonde's sides are Tobin and Kelley, and not far from them is the rest of the crew. Julie Johnston, who hadn't been seen yet, just arrived, and she seemed as unhappy to see a bunch of Eastsider storming into the place. 

Before either the sheriff or the mayor can say anything, Becky hisses:

"I think we can all agree that you coming here is a terrible idea"

This simple sentence is enough to make Shelina smirk even more, and enter a silent war that has been going on:

"Oh, Becks, do you really believe that we want to be here?" the Canadian asks, slightly amused. As Becky eye-kills her, she adds in a lower voice: "Especially when everybody know that one of you Westside motherfuckers killed Alex."

Her voice trembles slightly, but few people notice it. 

But Becky isn't playing: she takes a step closer, so that the two girls almost are touching, before smiling widely and consciously saying:

"Funny how you Eastsiders blame us for everything: but I'm sorry to say, Shel, but nobody cared about that dead girl and we don't give a shit if she died."

This time, Shelina loses her temper, but before she can do anything, Alanna puts her hand on her shoulder, trying to calm her down, while Caitlin and Abby frown, very angry. 

The sheriff chooses this moment to finally say:

"Everybody go to class: this isn't up for discussion - a student has been killed, and Eastside High cannot guarantee their safety, so they're staying."

"My ass they're staying" Kelley shamelessly exclaims, amused. 

"Fuck the East, and fuck 'em!" Crystal yells in return, truly annoyed this time. 

The sheriff obviously doesn't like that: he immediately turns to Crystal - because cops in America seem to only see Black or Hispanic people as criminals and not Whites - and takes his gun out of his pocket, pointing it right at her.

Tobin immediately steps up, calmly declaring:

"Don't you dare fucking touch our friends: she hasn't done anything wrong"

"Oh, but she did: you guys need an example of what happens when you don't respect superior people than you" Bob Mewis insists, out of his mind. He makes a sign to his friends, before declaring: "Miss Dunn, you're under arrest of defamation to policeman, you're therefore gonna spend the rest of the day - hell! the whole night, since nobody's gonna come pay to set you free - at the station. Gentlemen, be my guests."

As a few policemen are trying to get to Crystal, other girls step up, making a human shield to protect Crystal.

But, weirdly enough, Shelina is the one to talk loud and clear first:

"Sheriff, let her go."

"Excuse me?" Bob Mewis asks, truly confused.

Shelina smirks, before sassily saying: 

"You are obviously making a racist arrest with no proof just because of the way she looks: she may be one of them, but she shouldn't be the only one arrested."

"You're right" the sheriff says, before turning to the Westsiders again. He points in turn at Kelley, Tobin, Becky and Megan, before ordering: "Arrest them, too."

But the girls resist, and somehow the whole scene ends up in a huge fight, that goes on until police back up arrive, and that the school day is officially cancelled before half she school (Westsiders only) have been arrested by the police.

Institutional stigmatization in this town is far from being over...

***

"What the hell was that?" Alanna asks, out of her mind.

Shelina rolls her eyes, before carrying on walking, followed by the two Australians and Abby, who also seems quite angry.

But the girls wouldn't let that one slide, so Caitlin insists:

"Since when are you protecting those people, uh?"

"I am not" Shelina responds angrily, raising her voice a little. As a few heads turn toward them, she lowers her voice and explains herself: "I just can't stand there and do nothing when something racist happens: that would only be taking advantage of my privileges as a white woman, and-"

"Bullshit" a voice says behind them.

When the Eastsiders turn around, Shelina rolls her eyes: Crystal and Megan are walking toward them, quite angry. 

But the Canadian just keeps on walking, turning away from the other girls. Nevertheless, the Australians did not do as such.

Shelina only has time to turn around before seeing Caitlin's fist on Megan's face.

"What the hell, no-" Shelina starts, before getting tangled up in a huge school fight, taking a few fists on her own face.

War had been declared in Westside High like never before...