[ED NYGMA DRABBLE]

Prompts: "You're the first person who has understood me." and "I know this isn't very romantic, but..." "It's romantic enough for me."

Word count: 419

The rain came down from the sky, much to Ed's dismay. He wanted to surprise you with a beautiful sunset like weather forecast had promised to show up - but no, this was Gotham which meant rain. Ed hadn't taken an umbrella with him, and now you both were soaking wet, standing at the beach on wet sand.

But yet, you smiled at Ed. It was everything else that Ed had wanted this evening to be, but you still smiled. And Ed couldn't understand why.

"Why are you smiling?" he asked, tilting his head slightly as he looked at you. He was a genius, but this was something he hadn't expected from you. You grinned.

"C'mon Ed, this is like from a romantic comedy." you answered to him and looked to the sea. "You tried to arrange a pretty date for us, but the rain decided to try and ruin it. But what if rain wanted us to warm up each other? What it was just trying to help?"

Ed's eyebrows furrowed in confusion, not quite deciphering why would you like the rain on a moment like this. But even though your date had been ruined in his eyes, you seemed to enjoy it - and he decided to stay in his original plan.

"Y/N... I have something to tell you." he began and bit his lip. You turned to look at him, still with a smile on your face. He took your hands in his own. "You're the first person who has understood me. And that's why I'm going to ask you something."

"Ed, that sounds like you're going to-" your sentence was cut short when Ed went down on one knee, digging a little, emerald-green box from his pocket and presented it to you.

"Y/N L/N... will you marry me?" he asked as he opened the box with the most beautiful ring you had ever seen. The raindrops got it to shine even brighter, and you just stared at the ring, before you lifted your eyes back at Ed.

"Ed, I..."

Ed smiled sheepishly. "I know this isn't very romantic, but..."

"It's romantic enough for me. Oh, Ed. I'm going to say yes and would have said yes even if you proposed me in a trash can." you told him with tears in your eyes, before Ed stood up and put the ring in your finger, before leaning in for a kiss.

"I love you, Y/N." he whispered, and you smiled against his lips as the rain slowly faded away, knowing it had done its job.