THE KING OF GOTHAM'S WIFE [OSWALD COBBLEPOT]

Summary: You, as Oswald's wife, get a birthday fit for your status. At least Oswald tries to make it so.

---

Oswald loved parties. And when it was your birthday? He would spend weeks preparing them, and that's just what he had been doing, decorating his mansion with large banners saying "Happy Birthday" and making his goonies sing to you.

You were of course a bit baffled to walk into his mansion, knowing Oswald had made something, but you didn't expect all of his goonies swaying in the doorway singing to you. After staring at the sight for a moment, you burst out laughing. You had always seen them as tough and slightly scary, as you weren't a fan of violence and now you saw them as some silly boy chorus singing off-key in the worst possible way.

Oswald sent a glare to his goonies, clearly not happy about their singing skills and they scurried away from the scene, giving Oswald some privacy with you. He sighed and took your hands to his own.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know they don't have a proper voice for singing."

You shook your head as you grinned. "It's okay, it's a sweet thought. Plus it's better to come here and be amused by them than everyone screaming the moment I walk in. I'm glad you remembered my birthday."

He nodded, and led you to the living room where there was a big pile of gifts, and suddenly you felt like some spoiled kid. "Oswald, how much did that all cost?"

He scoffed and sat you down. "Don't worry about that, my love. You deserve only the best."

You sighed and rolled your eyes playfully. "I'm your wife, I've already gotten the best gift of them all."

He just hummed as an answer, putting a small package on your lap and beckoned for you to open it. "At least open this, I put a lot of effort to find that."

You sighed, silently agreeing to open those expensive gifts Oswald bought you every single year, and the pile seemed to be growing more and more every year. You were sure that within the next 10 years, all the presents wouldn't even fit in the living room.

So you carefully unwrapped the paper and were met with a beautiful necklace. It was unique, it had a small diamond that shone like a star and carvings on the piece that held the diamond in place. You lifted the necklace from the box and examined it in utter shock and wonder.

"It's... it's so beautiful." you finally gasped and Oswald took it from you, gently putting it around your neck.

"As I said, my wife only deserves the best," he muttered as he held his hand on your cheek for just a little bit. "I'm the luckiest man in all of Gotham, having you as my wife."

You immediately started smiling as a blush made its way to your cheeks. After all these years of you two being together, he could still make you blush and feel like that teenager you were when you first started developing a crush on him.

He had vowed to protect you from any harm that would inevitably come because of his way of life, make you his queen and love you, always being by your side. And he had kept all those promises. Despite all the worry and fights mostly caused by your worrying, he stayed by your side, always soothing you that you would never lose him. Laying by his side all those times he came home bruised and hurt, him never blowing his frustration up on you and just being there for each other had made you the strongest couple in all of Gotham.

And that's how you wanted it to be. That's how you had always wanted it to be.