DISHES | ACT XXIII

INT. SAKUSA — KOYAMA APARTMENT — LATE AFTERNOON

SAKUSA entered his apartment with a tired expression that soon turned to one of relief. Being at home always felt therapeutic to the raven.

The reticent, handsome man, stopped in his tracks as the sound of running water and a now familiar boy band played in the background.

SAKUSA cautiously took off his shoes, and careful to not make any rustling sounds, walked out into the living room and left his gym bag on the floor, beside the couch. Furthering his traveling distance, by making big and calculated footsteps, SAKUSA sneaked a peak into the kitchen.

SAKUSA stepped out a bit more, now standing right under the interior archway of the kitchen.

KOYAMA's sundress flowed gracefully with her movements, the brunette had her headphones on, so SAKUSA was pretty sure that she hadn't heard his entrance at all.

SAKUSA found himself alluded by the movement of her hips, and the way her voice had a tip of glee in it as she hummed.

Compared to yesterday's somber mood, KOYAMA's mood today reflected everything jolly. Honestly, he questioned if he had missed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day itself due to the way that her eyes lit up like those colorful lights hung up on rooftops and Christmas trees—wait— her eyes did what?!

SAKUSA's body tensed as her eyes widened with sudden horror. KOYAMA screamed bloody murder, and the sound of glass breaking made both of them jump.

SAKUSA
(Surprised)
KOYAMA!

KOYAMA
(Frozen)
Oh my gosh, I just
broke one of your
dishes!

KOYAMA
(Furrowing her brows)
Sakusa-San, I'm so sorry!
I'll pay for it.

KOYAMA
(Shaking)
I'm so sorry,
ugh, I'm such a
klutz. My mom did
say I was never too
graceful.

SAKUSA
(Flicks her forehead).

SAKUSA
(Glaring).
Shut up Koyama-San.

KOYAMA's cheeks grow red as she focuses on the fierce look in SAKUSA's eyes. She couldn't see his entire expression, since he was wearing a black mask, but even then, KOYAMA found him attractive. Despite her flustered state of mind, KOYAMA couldn't get over her mistake, her blush died down, and was replaced by a sorrowful frown.

KOYAMA
Sakusa-San y-you're
too clo—

SAKUSA
(Flicks her forehead).

KOYAMA
(Gasps).
THAT HURT!

SAKUSA
(Annoyed)
I hope it did! Do you
hear yourself? I'm not worried
about the dishes, I'm worried
about you. Are you hurt?

KOYAMA
(Gawk).
What

SAKUSA
Let me see your hand.

KOYAMA
(Gives him her hand).

SAKUSA examined KOYAMA's hand. He turned it over and over again, but he was satisfied to find not a single scratch or drop of blood.

SAKUSA knew that his previous statement sounded misleading, and to cover up his trail, he sighed dramatically in relief. KOYAMA's look of confusion satisfied him. Good, he thought, she'll fall for it.

SAKUSA
I hate blood more than
I do broken dishes.

KOYAMA
(Bites her lip,
nose flares).

KOYAMA
(High pitched voice)
A-AH, R-REALLY?
PFFT, THEN WHY DIDN'T
YOU SAY SO? PFFT.

SAKUSA
(Grins).
Silly Koyama-San,
what did you think
I was saying?

KOYAMA
(Frustrated)
I still have to finish the
dishes, so, kindly excuse
me from this conversation.

SAKUSA
(Acting innocent)
As you wish
Koyama-San.

KOYAMA
(scowls).

SAKUSA took note of KOYAMA's red ears. The raven felt his heart flutter, does she like me? But a wave of fear invaded SAKUSA, that's not possible, your personality's unappealing.

A set of heartfelt words died at the tip of SAKUSA's lips, you look beautiful today, but, the raven dodged one bullet, and he was unwilling to dodge another.

_________________
A/N:
This book was an impulse
and now it became my addiction.
08/04/21 🧍‍♀️