SUMMER | ACT XXIX

INT. TSURU VALLEY HEADQUARTERS — MID AFTERNOON

It was a sunny Thursday, and KOYAMA had received an unwelcome phone call. The brunette was offered a chance to model for Tsuru Valley, the company owned by a woman she knew as MICHIKO AYA.

Although, MICHIKO was in fact KOYAMA's biological mother, KOYAMA only knew one woman as her mother, and that was KOYAMA EMIKO. The former wife of KOAYAMA's now deceased father.

As a newborn, her parents had decided that it was best for her and KENJI to grow up outside of the spotlight of their mother's growing fame, and much more so with the fact that MICHIKO's marriage with a divorced man had already caused great controversy at the time.

KOYAMA had always thought that she didn't care about her biological mother, but if she didn't care, why did she resent her so much? So, of course, on impulse, and with curiosity, KOYAMA agreed to model for a fair price.

PHOTOGRAPHER
Koyama-San, try
to relax that beautiful
face of yours!
You're on a trip
to the beach, this is a
change in your routine,
show some enthusiasm!

KOYAMA
(Grits her teeth).
It's kinda hard to
do that when I may
have just made the
worst decision of
my life.

PHOTOGRAPHER
Shachou! A little
help over here?

A woman of an extremely slender figure, with a short bob of jet-black hair, clad in a canary red suit with gold accented jewelry and white round sunglasses, walked with grace toward the scene of the photo shoot.

KOYAMA felt oddly small in her presence, despite being taller than the woman who was now staring her down with obvious dismay.

CEO MICHIKO
Don't worry about it
Takahara-San, she'll
do well if she wants
the money for the job.

KOYAMA
(Snickers).
Of course, shachou,
I'm just a newbie,
so I'm having a bit of
trouble, but I'll be fine.

CEO MICHIKO
(Purses her lips).
(Sighs). Michiko.
Michiko is just fine.

KOYAMA
(Smiles).
It's very kind of you
to trust me with such
an honor, but, I couldn't
refer to my temporary boss
in such a casual manner.

CEO MICHIKO
(Whispers)
You've grown with
that woman's spite
in your tongue.

KOYAMA
(Offended)
My mother.
That woman is
my mother,
Shachou.

The short woman and the taller woman threw daggers at each other with identical expressions. The PHOTOGRAPHER, in the attempt to ease the argument, coughed, and this made both of them look at him with apologetic countenances.

PHOTOGRAPHER
So, Koyama-San,
you're wearing this
swimsuit, and the
person you like is
standing at a distance,
what pose do you pull
to grasp their attention?

KOYAMA's cheeks flushed bright red, and her lips felt hotter than usual, as she recalled the dream she had Tuesday morning.

Staring straight at the camera, KOYAMA placed the weight of her body on her right foot, and she brought her left foot closer to her right, but at an angle where it looked as if she was walking. The look on her face, turned from a flustered mess, to a sensuous smile that showed off her sharp canine teeth and her dimples. Despite thinking that she was free of a blush, KOYAMA's ears were red, and her lips remained in an alluring, raspberry wine.

PHOTOGRAPHER
YES, THAT'S IT!

CEO MICHIKO
Can I see?

PHOTOGRAPHER
Of course!

CEO MICHIKO's nodded with pride as she admired the image that captured her daughters beauty in the light of a young woman in love and ready to steal hearts. CEO MICHIKO wondered then, whose affections KOYAMA sought after to make such a seductive yet innocent mien.

CEO MICHIKO
Perfect.