DRUNK | ACT XLV

INT. BIOLOGY CLASS — MORNING

GOSHIKI sat next to KOYAMA with a nervous expression. GOSHIKI was the kind of guy that showered his crushes with affectionate words, but when GOSHIKI realized that he liked his one and only girl best friend, he didn't know what to do.

GOSHIKI's advances, although subtle at first, turned obvious over time, but KOYAMA seemed to never get the hint.

Today was the day. GOSHIKI had finally had it. He was going to confess, no matter how, and no matter when, but it had to be today.

Was he afraid? Certainly.

Was he going to back out? Definitely not.

GOSHIKI
Morning Tsuru Senpai.

KOYAMA
(Smiles).
Morning Tsu-Kun!
You look a bit pale,
are you alright?

GOSHIKI
I'm fine, thanks
for asking anyway.

KOYAMA
Okay. Well, if you
need anything, just
let me know.

GOSHIKI
Alright.

Tsuruga Sensei, a rather tall man, with long graying hair, and a pair of round glasses, stood at the front of the white board. The projector displayed a slideshow on the surface of the white board and the class prepared their notebooks and sharpened their pencils, because they knew, they were in for an extensive lesson. 

GOSHIKI was focused, on the first half of the lesson that is, because somewhere in the middle, he got lost in the wonder that KOYAMA TSURU was to him.

KOYAMA's eyebrows were furrowed, and to further concentrate, the brunette bit her bottom lip. She'd glance at the board, and dive right back into her notes a second later. GOSHIKI found KOYAMA to be the most endearing person he'd ever met, not just for her expressions, but for her dedication, and naturally calming presence.

As KOYAMA's best friend, since the first year of high school, GOSHIKI was able to witness her growth over time. He admired her bravery, because she sought change in her third year of high school. KOYAMA joined the fashion club after school, and her designs took off as far as being displayed during the school's fair.

GOSHIKI didn't know what had discouraged her path towards fashion design, and caused her to leave Miyagi as soon as they graduated, but oh boy, was he glad to see her again in Tokyo.

It was as if the universe was giving him a second chance, to confess all he hadn't said, and this time, he wouldn't take that chance for granted.

KOYAMA's brown eyes met GOSHIKI's. Her lips parted with surprise, and her pencil's motion stopped as her hand dropped the item.

KOYAMA
(Whispering)
Tsu-Kun?

GOSHIKI
During lunch,
do you want to go
to Starbucks with
me?

KOYAMA
(Raises an eyebrow).
Sure. What's the
occasion? You usually
spend lunch with
Semi-San and Tendou.

GOSHIKI
No worries, I let them
know in advance that I'd
be spending lunch time
with you for today.

GOSHIKI
I just want to
talk to you.

KOYAMA
(Excited)
I'll be looking
forward to it!

KOYAMA
There's only a few
more minutes left of
class, so, let's pay
attention. (Laughs).

GOSHIKI
(Shy)
I'll need your
notes actually, since
I wasn't paying attention
earlier anyway.

SABITO
(Whispering)
You two better
be quiet before
y'all get caught.

KOYAMA
Sorry Yaya-Chan!

GOSHIKI
Sorry Saya.

HAYASHI
(giggles).

HAYASHI
Have fun on your
guys' date!~

GOSHIKI
(Blushes).

SABITO
(Slaps Hayashi
upside the head).

HAYASHI
(Winces)
Ai ai— that hurt.

SABITO
(Glares).

HAYASHI
(Makes a peace sign).
Heh~

SABITO
You're acting like
your idiot boyfriend. 

KOYAMA
(C O N F U S I O N).

SABITO
Heheheh, forget it
Yama-Chan!~ We said
nothing!

GOSHIKI
(Face palms).

TSURUGA SENSEI
Hey, the four of you in the
back, do you have anything
interesting to share
with the class?

The group of 4 looked away from each other with embarrassment. They all bowed their heads after verbally apologizing to their teacher and the class for their disruptive behavior.