JEALOUSY | ACT LX

INT. SAKUSA'S CAR — EARLY AFTERNOON

SAKUSA had walked toward the library, and the unread messages in his phone made him feel nervous for no reason whatsoever. It wasn't until he walked into the library's premises that he passed by a janitor scrubbing out a stain from the concrete with a heavy smelling chemical that made SAKUSA's head hurt slightly.

SAKUSA's gut feelings told him that something was not adding up, and it wasn't until he ran into SEMI EITA at the top of the staircase leading to the library's entrance, that his suspicions were entertained. SEMI told him everything, and he said GOSHIKI went ahead and took KOYAMA home while he had stayed behind as witness of the assault.

SAKUSA thanked SEMI for letting him know what happened, and he ran immediately afterwards toward his car. Now, he sat impatiently behind the wheel, tapping his fingers in a pattern as he tried to release an ounce of his anxiety.

CUT TO:

INT. SAKUSA — KOYAMA APARTMENT — EARLY AFTERNOON

The door opens, and in comes SAKUSA with a mortified look on his face.

The raven was breathing heavily as he took off his shoes and dropped his bag against the wall. Turning the corner, SAKUSA walked in on GOSHIKI pacing back and forth, and KOYAMA's body laying still on the couch with a pillow under her head.

GOSHIKI stopped pacing when his eyes met SAKUSA's. The male with a scowling expression, was scowling more than usual, and SAKUSA knew that his annoyance had leveled up a ten fold with his presence, but the raven could care less.

GOSHIKI
She had a panic
attack, and when
she managed to calm
herself down, she
laid down and fell
asleep.

SAKUSA sat down on the armrest at the end of KOYAMA's feet.

SAKUSA
(Angry)
Who was it?

GOSHIKI
(Sighs).
Her ex.

SAKUSA
(Stunned)
What?

GOSHIKI
Yeah, the psycho came
all the way down here
to Tokyo from Miyagi.

SAKUSA
(Relieved)
I'm glad you were
there to help her.

SAKUSA
(Worried)
She must've been
terrified.

GOSHIKI
I did what I
had to. (Coughs).
I need to go, since
we still had one
class left and I
think Koyama would
appreciate the notes
for tomorrow.

SAKUSA
I think she'd
appreciate that
too.

GOSHIKI
(Awkward)
Uh...see you later.

SAKUSA
(Nods).
Later.

GOSHIKI turned around, and walked away, but not without muttering a few ill-natured words.

GOSHIKI
That guys'
so cold.

SAKUSA stared at the miserable dark haired male with annoyance as he rounded the corner, and when the door closed after his exit, SAKUSA released a loud sigh of frustration.

SAKUSA
(Crosses his
arms). That guy
gets on my nerves.

SAKUSA
You're a good person
so why are all these
fools crowding
around you?

SAKUSA
(Sighs).

SAKUSA got off of the couch and walked to his room. Picking up one of his favorite blankets, and walking back out of his room, SAKUSA draped the blanket over KOYAMA's body and made sure to gently pick up her feet to tuck them into the blanket. He had seen her do that so many times before, and he knew she'd be upset if she woke up with cold feet if he was careless.

INT. KITCHEN — MID AFTERNOON

An hour and a half passed while SAKUSA cooked dinner and started setting up the table. The raven heard a loud gasp and a thud afterwards coming from the living room. Knowing that KOYAMA had finally stirred from her slumber, SAKUSA walked out of the kitchen and rushed to her.

Looming over the couch, SAKUSA saw half of the blanket on top of the couch, and the other half was draped on the floor as KOYAMA stretched her muscles. The brunette relaxed her body, and then turned into a blushing mess when she made eye contact with her boyfriend.

SAKUSA
(Teasing)
Hey sleeping beauty.

KOYAMA
(On the verge
of tears).
Oh my god,
I look horrible
right now.
My face is all
puffed up and my
hair's probably all
over the place.

SAKUSA
(Laughs).
You do look rough,
I won't lie...

KOYAMA
Hey!

SAKUSA
(Laughs).
But, I don't care.

SAKUSA
How are you feeling?

KOYAMA
(Smiles).
Better.

SAKUSA
(Smiles).
Good.