DRUNK | ACT XLVII

INT. SAKUSA — KOYAMA APARTMENT — MID AFTERNOON

SAKUSA entered the apartment with sweat dripping down his forehead, and the raven took off his mask. Disgust was written all over his face due to the fact that his sweat had also pooled under his jawline and soaked the mask. To top it all off, SAKUSA's black t-shirt was glued to his torso. In other words, SAKUSA needed a shower, as soon as possible, and he'd throw a fit if that plan didn't go through as he intended.

The raven didn't hear a sound, and he naturally assumed that KOYAMA wasn't home. The raven walked toward his room and before entering, he took off his jacket and dropped it in the basket for dirty laundry. SAKUSA pulled out a pair of black sweatpants and a white t-shirt. Upon searching for his towel, SAKUSA realized that it wasn't in his room, and that greatly confused him.

Remembering that his towel and KOYAMA's were the same color, SAKUSA thought it possible that his towel could be in her room. Determined to take that long awaited shower, SAKUSA walked out of his room and made his way to her door.

SAKUSA knocked on her door, once, twice, but there was no answer. SAKUSA felt a bit apprehensive of invading her room, due to the fact that he hadn't been in it ever since she moved in. Yet, his apprehension turned into slight panic when he heard muffled sounds and the sound of her bed creaking.

KOYAMA
(Muffled).
S-Sakusa?

SAKUSA could make out KOYAMA's voice, but he wasn't sure of what the girl had said.

SAKUSA
Koyama-San, may
I come in?

SAKUSA heard yet again, a few more muffled noises, and his worry spiked. No longer caring if she had let him in or not, SAKUSA opened the door.

Facing away from him, KOYAMA lay on the right side of her bed, her body was shaking, but SAKUSA couldn't see her face, since KOYAMA had grabbed a pillow and covered it before he walked in.

SAKUSA
(Worried)
Koyama, what's
wrong?

SAKUSA's heart pounded against his rib cage. He wasn't good with comforting people. What if this proved to be the moment in which KOYAMA's feeling would fall out? 

SAKUSA knew that KOYAMA had a tender heart, and no matter what it was that had thrown her off into this state, he wanted to soothe her, but he doubted his capabilities.

KOYAMA suddenly raised her hand, and SAKUSA raised an eyebrow. The brunette moved her arm back and pat the space next to her.

SAKUSA
(Confused)
What is it?

KOYAMA
Just stay here
with me.

SAKUSA
(Surprised)
But I'm sweaty,
and I smell horrible.
I thought you hated that.

KOYAMA
(Muffled laugh).

KOYAMA
(Whispers)
Please?

SAKUSA
Fine.

SAKUSA sat down and leaned against a pillow and the headboard. KOYAMA lifted her hand, and SAKUSA's cheeks turned pink as he realized what she wanted him to do. SAKUSA moved a tad bit closer, to shorten the distance between them, and he joined the palm of his hand with hers. Slowly, their fingers interlaced, and the warmth that spread throughout SAKUSA chest was enough to make him draw in a shaky breath.

KOYAMA
Sakusa...

KOYAMA's chest filled with guilt, once again, and she sobbed. Tears trickled down her nose and seeped through the cloth of her favorite pillow.

SAKUSA
(Sad)
I'm here.

KOYAMA
Sakusa, d-do you
know Goshiki?

SAKUSA
Mhm.

KOYAMA
He's been my b-best friend
since the first year of
high school, and t-today...

KOYAMA released yet another sob, she felt horrible, who was she to cry? Who was she to cry over something she had torn apart? Who was she to cry over a friend when her friend's pain was reasonably greater?

KOYAMA
He confessed his
feelings to me.

KOYAMA
I hurt him. I broke his
heart, but I'm over here
crying over our friendship.
Am I selfish if I say that
I don't want to lose him?

KOYAMA
I tried texting him, but
he left me on read multiple
times, a-and I gave up, and
now— now what?

KOYAMA wept as memories of GOSHIKI came to her mind. It was painful, to think, for even a second, that he'd disappear from her life.

SAKUSA squeezed KOYAMA's hand.

SAKUSA
Now, you wait.
No matter how grand
his feelings are, he'll
come around when he's
ready to do so.

SAKUSA
If not, let it be.

SAKUSA
You don't owe reciprocation
to any guy.
Even when that guys is your
best friend.