ACCEPT | ACT LXVI

INT. UTOKYO'S LIBRARY — EARLY AFTERNOON

KOYAMA put away her things and carefully stood up from her seat. SAKUSA looked up at her, with a worried expression, but KOYAMA gave him a gentle smile and a pat on the shoulder to ease his mind.

Tucking a strand of his hair behind his ear, KOYAMA leaned closer to him, and whispered so as to not disturb anyone else.

KOYAMA
I'll be okay, you
said you belive in
me, right? (Smiles).
That's all I need
to move forward.

SAKUSA
(Amused)
What a smooth
talker you are.

SAKUSA
But, good luck.

KOYAMA
Thanks, I'll
need it.

SAKUSA shivered as KOYAMA's warmth was stolen from him abruptly. The raven looked after her, as she walked out of the library, cheering her on in his head. SAKUSA knew, that she was one step away from fulfilling her dreams, and that made him feel excited.

SAKUSA was thankful for the mask as he took notice of the way his cheeks had warmed up. The raven subtly crossed his arms, then raised his left hand to trace the lingering touch of his lover. Although he hated having his hair tucked behind his ears, this one time, he'd let it go.

ATSUMU
Hey lover boy!

SAKUSA
(Flinches).
Shit!

CUT TO:

INT. TSURU VALLEY HEADQUARTERS — EARLY AFTERNOON

KOYAMA
Shit.

KOYAMA
I'm lost.

Last night, KOYAMA had shown a bit of regret, and YACHI went through the pros and cons of accepting her biological mother's offer. Afterwards, KOYAMA came to a conclusion. And here she was now, in the last place she thought she'd be in, and in the worst case scenario at that: lost.

KOYAMA caught sight of a man with a frighteningly serious expression. He had long hair, neat stubble, and a fairly tall frame. The man caught her staring, and KOYAMA looked away immediately, afraid she was about to get yelled at or something.

???
Um, miss, I haven't
seen you around before,
do you need assistance?

KOYAMA's eyes widened. She turned to look at the long haired man with surprise still present in her face. He looked so menacing before, but as soon as he spoke, her worries faded. This man had a calming aura, almost brotherly like. KOYAMA took notice of the dog themed lanyard around his neck, and the ID that read : AZUMANE ASAHI.

The man coughed and fixed his glasses.

AZUMANE
Um...

KOYAMA
Oh, I'm sorry,
you- I was lost
in thought.

AZUMANE
Ah, (awkward)
okay.

KOYAMA
But, uh, I do
need help!

KOYAMA
I have a meeting
with the CEO, and
I forgot how to get
to her office. This
is only my second time
here, uh, would you
mind giving me
directions?

AZUMANE
(Scratches the back
of his head).
Mm, I'm on my way there
actually. Just follow me.

KOYAMA
Ah, okay!
Thank you!
(Bows her head).

AZUMANE
(Surprised)
n-no problem!

KOYAMA scolded herself for judging the, obviously, kind man in front of her. He'd just looked a little bit too much like a gangster. Was it his expression? Or the glare of his glasses that hid his kind brown eyes? She didn't know.

KOYAMA then remembered her first impression of SAKUSA. Handsome, a bit awkward to talk to, bluntly honest.

AZUMANE
We're here.

KOYAMA
Thank you again
Azumane-San!

AZUMANE
No problem uh...

KOYAMA
Koyama Tsuru.

AZUMANE
...Koyama-San.

KOYAMA
Yep!

AZUMANE left and KOYAMA inhaled and exhaled with intensity as she debated running away or opening the door. KOYAMA shook her head and willed herself to enter the business woman's office, despite her pride being on the line, she didn't want that same pride to bring her future to ruins.

CEO MICHIKO
Ana can you get me
the files— oh, Tsuru!

CEO MICHIKO
(Sigh of relief).
I thought you had bailed
on me, since you're... five
minutes behind schedule.

KOYAMA
(Awkward)
I got lost on my
way here.

KOYAMA
I won't apologize
for what I said yesterday,
but, I'm willing to give
you a chance.

KOYAMA
And give myself a
chance as well.

KOYAMA
(Whispers)
Gosh, I was so
confident yesterday
and now this is just
getting weird as hell.

CEO MICHIKO
(Smiles).
I'm glad to
hear that.