Chapter 133

Ash's POV
A few weeks later

"When is mommy coming home?" Naya asked with sad eyes, when I was tucking her into bed.

"I don't know, sweetie. Hopefully soon." I replied with a sad smile and sat down on the edge of her bed.

"I miss her.. We never see her anymore." Naya said, her voice breaking a little at the end, making my heart clench at the sound.

"I know, baby, I miss her too.." I said, running my fingers through her hair softly.

"Mama, will you read me a story?" she asked, making me smile a little.

"Of course, how about this one?" I asked, grabbing Naya's favorite book. Naya nodded excitedly and I started reading, until she fell asleep. I smiled softly and put the book on the shelf, before pulling the covers further up around her body and placed a soft kiss on her forehead.
"Goodnight, peanut, I love you." I whispered and left the room, without another sound.

-

I went down into the living room and sat on the couch with my arms crossed over my chest. This was not the first time Hailee came home late. Actually, it has happened almost every night for the last two weeks. She would leave early in the morning and return long after Naya and I had gone to bed. Don't get me wrong, I respect her and her work, but we were drifting apart here. I knew that she was working hard to finish her album and I could deal with not seeing her. Afterall, I had done it before, but our daughter could not. This was not okay, Naya shouldn't be growing up with just one parent.

The sound of keys turning in the lock and the front door opening, made me snap out of my thoughts. Hailee quietly made her way into the house and she was about to go upstairs, when she spotted me glaring at her, from where I was sitting on the couch.

"Hey, babe, why aren't you in bed?" Hailee asked with a soft smile and came towards me. She reached out to hug me, but I quickly took a step back, glaring at her even harder than before. "Look, I know I'm late but-" she started, but I quickly cut her off.

"Oh, so you do know.. Do you have any idea what time it is?!" I was raging.

"I know, but we were finishing up on a song and-" she didn't get to speak, before I cut her off again.

"Cut the crap, Hailee! I don't wanna hear any excuses! Two weeks! It's been two weeks since we've had any real time together. Not to mention our daughter. When was the last time you tucked her in bed? Huh? I know you have to work, but you promised me that our family comes first. Do you know what Naya said to me tonight? She said that she misses you and that she never sees you anymore. What the hell am I supposed to say to that?! It's true and there's nothing I can say that's gonna change that." I snapped at her, causing her to flinch slightly.

"I'm sorry, I-" I quickly cut her off once again.

"I told you, I don't wanna hear it! Not only are you away from Naya all the time, making her miss you like crazy.. you're also away from me.." I snapped and felt tears threatening to escape, as my voice broke slightly. Hailee reached out, trying once again to hug me, but I just stepped back, crossing my arms over my chest, as I felt the first couple of tears roll down my cheeks.

"I am so sorry.. I have been too wrapped up in my work, but that's no excuse for leaving you two for so long.. Please, let me make it up to you.. Let me make it better.." she said, locking eyes with me and I could see that she meant it.

"Will you be around more?" I asked, wiping my cheeks with the back of my hand.

"Yes, I promise. I'll talk to my managers and start working from home more often, okay? I'll even ask for more days off." Hailee said, with a pleading look in her eyes. "I love you, Ash, and I'm so sorry that I haven't been around. It's not fair. Not to you and not to Naya. I love you both so much and I promise that I'll make it better." she continued and stepped closer, this time I didn't move away.

"Good, because I love you too." I said, making her smile at me.

"I was afraid that you were hating me." Hailee said with a soft chuckle.

"I have told you so many times, I can't hate you." I chuckled as well and grabbed the collar of her shirt, pulling her closer and connecting our lips for the first time in way too long.

I hummed happily into the kiss, causing Hailee to smile against my lips, as she pulled me closer by my waist. My tongue slowly found its way to Hailee's bottom lip, sliding along it softly, making her mouth open just enough for my tongue to dart inside. She moaned softly as I massaged her tongue with my own, letting me dominate her. Her hands snaked their way up my body and went around my neck, pulling on it softly, causing me to moan into her mouth. Air soon became an issue, so we pulled apart, both breathing heavy.

"Let's go upstairs." I husked out and once again grabbed onto the collar of her shirt, dragging her with me upstairs to our bedroom. Hailee started to slowly kiss down my neck, making me moan softly. "Lock the door." I demanded and she quickly did as told, while I laid down on the bed.

"Here's your chance to make it up to me.. use it wisely." I husked out, with a smirk on my face, making her bite her bottom lip softly. She crawled on top of me and quickly stripped me and herself out of our clothes, before peppering small kisses all over my chest.

She hovered over me for a moment, just staring into my eyes, before leaning down and kissing me hard on the lips. I felt one of her perfect hands wrap around my neck, and my breath hitched in my throat, as she started squeezing, choking me softly in the way that she knows that I love. One of my hands went into her hair, pulling her impossibly closer, while my other hand was on her waist, holding her in place.
When I felt her biting down in my bottom lip, I couldn't help but let out a moan followed by a whimper.

"Please.. Hailee.. I need you.." I whimpered, making her smirk against my lips.
I could feel the hand that wasn't around my neck, slowly making its way towards the place where I needed her the most......