Six

I just cooked dinner for myself for the first time in months.

I've also started on antidepressants yesterday which are a kind of medication that's also supposed to help with anxiety so we'll see in a few weeks if it helps.

-

That afternoon, our family went over to Fred and Eloise's house for dinner.

It was nice. Especially seeing Liam play with Sebastian while Amelia sat in my arms, reading through her favourite picture book.

Amelia had always been more reserved. She didn't play as much with other kids — mostly wanted to spend time with herself.

She also started speaking a lot later than Liam did.

A few days later, I walked into the bathroom when I woke up after George for once, seeing him in the middle of shaving off his beard.

I walked up to him and looked at his face through the mirror.

"Why are you shaving?"

"Because it makes you kiss me less."

I chuckled, running my hand up his back while I leaned my head against his arm.

"I love your beard." I said. "It's just itchy."

"Right... so I'm shaving." He smiled. "I want kisses."

"But the beard looked so good."

"And I like you not completely smooth but you like to shave, so..."

I laughed, bumping him with my shoulder which I instantly regretted.

George hissed as he accidentally cut himself and I gasped loudly before taking his face in my hands to look at it.

"Oh my god... I'm sorry. That—"

He laughed while the single blood drop ran down over his cheek and mixed with the shaving cream.

"I'm okay, Dia. It's just a small cut."

"This is why you shouldn't shave."

George snorted and looked at himself in the mirror.

"Because you push me and make me slice my face open?"

"Oh shut up... I didn't think."

He smiled.

"I'm just gonna finish shaving, then I'll clean the blood up."

I shook my head.

"No. Clean it up first, then finish shaving." I said. "Otherwise you'll drag blood around your face."

"True..."

"I'll be at Malcolm's for a little." I said. "Help him out... the kids are all eating breakfast so you don't have to worry about cooking. I'll be home before lunch."

"Okay." He nodded, reaching for something to clean up the blood with. "Call me if he's being an arsehole."

"I will."

I walked downstairs and walked into the kitchen where all the kids sat and ate.

"Alright, I'm off." I said. "I'll be back in a couple of hours. George will be down when he's done shaving."

I hugged my kids goodbye before Leah cleared her throat.

"Can I come with you?" She asked. "I haven't seen dad for a while."

I stopped and looked at her.

"Leah... dad isn't feeling well." I said. "But I promise you that as soon as he feels better, you'll see him."