Eleven

"We need to talk."

George looked at me as I entered the kitchen where he was making himself something to eat early in the morning while the kids were asleep.

"Okay..." he nodded slowly. "That doesn't sound promising."

"Yesterday... you said you gave me something to get me to sleep?"

"Yeah."

I looked at him, confused as why he was acting like that was not a big deal.

When I didn't say anything, he looked at me and noticed my expression.

"Alright, I know that wasn't ideal..."

"Ideal?" I asked. "George, you drugged me because I said I didn't want to rest."

"Don't use drug." He said. "I gave you some sleeping potion, yes, but you know why I did that. Your ex-husband punched you, knocked you unconscious, your head was hurting and you refused to go take a nap when you needed the rest."

"That is not the point." I laughed. "I'm your wife. You can't just give me something to put me to sleep without my permission."

He put down his knife and placed his hands on either side of the chopping board.

"I know." He nodded. "I'm sorry."

I moved around the kitchen island, until I stood right by him.

"If I didn't love you, I would kill you."

He chuckled.

"I don't doubt that."

"Don't laugh." I told him. "I'm mad at you."

"You're mad at me?"

"You drugged me."

George sighed and watched me walk away from the counter to go and sit by the table.

"Darling... I didn't give you anything dangerous. It wasn't a drug. It was a potion. It was safe and I did it—"

"Because I didn't want to rest, you already said that."

George walked over to me when he finished his sandwich, and held it out towards me.

"Do you want a bite?"

I looked up at him, considering it and then I took a bite, causing him to crack a smile.

"Do you want me to make you one?" He asked.

I stopped chewing, shaking my head.

"That is disgusting." I muttered and got out of my seat, hurrying to the bin to spit it out. "Oh god... what's in it?"

I walked over to get some paper towel, wiping my mouth before throwing it in the bin as well.

"It's what I always make." George told me and took a bite himself, chewing it and swallowing it before speaking again. "It tastes the same as always."

I stared at him for a moment, then shook my head before I looked up at the clock on the wall.

"We need to get Liam and Amelia out of bed." I said. "Otherwise we can't get them down again tonight."

"I'll wake them and get them ready." He told me. "Can you prepare their breakfast?"

I walked towards the fridge and while George walked upstairs, I started preparing the twins breakfast which was simply a raspberry smoothie bowl that I knew they loved.

Charley walked into the kitchen and stared up at me.

"Are you hungry?" I asked, petting him before I walked over to grab George's sandwich that he had put down.

With a small smile, I lowered it and watched as Charley grabbed the entire thing with his mouth.

"Good boy." I smiled, walking back over to continue the twins breakfast.

Not long after, as I was finishing up their breakfast, Liam came running into the kitchen and directly over to me.

"I'm hungry!"

I chuckled.

"Good morning to you too, handsome. Go sit and I'll bring the smoothie over."

I ran my hand over his hair as he walked over and pulled himself into one of the chairs by the table.

I grabbed his smoothie bowl and a spoon before walking over to the table, placing it in front of him.

I kissed his head, then turned my attention on Amelia who walked into the kitchen with George behind her.

Amelia's hair was a mess, and I looked at George who was holding her hairbrush.

"Little miss sass doesn't want me to brush her hair." George said while Amelia walked over to grab onto my arm.

"I want you to do it." She said.

"Yeah? Okay. Let's go back upstairs and do your hair."

George handed me the hairbrush and Amelia ran out of the kitchen, leading the way upstairs.

"Dia!" George called. "Where is my sandwich?!"

I pressed my lips together to not laugh, following Amelia into her room.

"Go sit on your chair." I told her, and she did. "Do you just want it brushed or do you want me to do it as well?"

"I want braids."

"Two?" I asked, and she nodded again. "Okay..."

I brushed her hair while she looked and made faces at herself in the mirror.

Amelia's hair went past her shoulders. It was wavy and it was a light brown with a reddish shade to it.

Liam on the other hand, was simply blonde but also with a reddish tone.

Amelia has brown eyes and Liam funnily enough has blue eyes. We think that comes from George's side of the family seeing as some of his brothers do have blue eyes.

He's the only one of our kids to have blue eyes, actually.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked Amelia after brushing her hair as I started braiding her hair.

"Yeah." She nodded eagerly. "Charley was in it. He could talk."

"Really?" I smiled. "Was he nice?"

"He's my best friend."

"Charley's your best friend?"

"With Liam, of course." She said. "But in my dream, Charley was there and Liam wasn't."

I hummed.

"What did Charley say in your dream?"

Amelia shrugged.

"I don't remember." She said while George showed up in the doorway.

"Did you give Charley my sandwich?" He asked, and I looked at him, shaking my head though I couldn't hide my smile. "You did, didn't you?"

"It didn't taste good. I dunno how you could eat it." I said. "Maybe go check if the cheese has gone bad."

"Dia, the cheese is brand new. I just bought it a couple of days ago."

I shrugged.

"Something in that sandwich had gone bad."

"No it hasn't." He argued. "It tasted completely normal. Must be something with your taste buds."

He walked away again and Amelia tilted her head back to look up at me.

"Daddy looks weird."

I smiled at her.

"Does he?"

"His beard has been gone for a while. I don't like it."

"Neither do I, baby."