Fifty-one

George and I were Christmas shopping in Diagon alley.

We bought presents for everyone. We were celebrating Christmas at the Burrow this year and I was not looking forward to it but it had been planned so this was how it was.

It had started pouring down as we walked through the streets of Diagon Alley and we had hurried to find shelter from it so now George and I stood somewhere with a roof over our heads, staring out at the street.

People were hurrying home or into nearby shops to avoid the rain while others simply didn't care and kept walking at a regular pace.

"I've been thinking about something." I said as I stared out into the streets of Diagon Alley.

"Yeah?" George asked, his fingers brushing past mine and I looked down as he laced his fingers with mine. "What have you been thinking about?"

I leaned back against the brick wall, sighing.

"You don't have to agree to this. It's just a suggestion, okay?"

I looked at him when he didn't answer. He was staring at me with a cocked eyebrow.

"Well now I'm nervous." He said, turning to lean his shoulder against the brick wall so that he was facing me. "What's up?"

"I don't know..." I sighed. "...I said I wanted my tubes tied when I give birth, and I do, but the thought of that incision scares me. I was wondering if you could get a vasectomy."

Again, George didn't answer. His eyes scanned my face and it looked like he was thinking.

"You don't have to." I reminded him. "It's just a suggestion. If you don't feel comfortable with it, I can get that incision after labour."

"Would it make you feel more comfortable with this whole thing?" He asked, playing with my fingers.

I hummed.

"Yeah, but I don't want you to feel pressured."

"I don't." He said. "If it makes you feel more secure, then okay... I'll get a vasectomy."

"Yeah?"

He nodded and brought me in for a hug, pressing a kiss to my temple.

"Yeah." He confirmed and I tilted my head back to look up at him.

"Kiss me." I whispered, running a hand up his chest and behind his neck to pull him down.

He smiled as he brushed his lips past mine, then kissed me. He wrapped an arm around my waist, another hand going to my jaw.

"Oi!" The sound of someone shouting made us pull apart and I looked back as Fred approached.

"What are you doing?" George asked him. "Mate, you are drenched."

"Eh, it's just a little rain." Fred shrugged, turning his attention on me, smiling. "How's the girl?"

With a sigh, I shook my head.

"Annoying. She keeps rolling over and kicks me in my ribs." I said. "This is exactly what I was dreading about being pregnant again and I have to keep up with it for another seven weeks."

"It'll be all worth it though, won't it?" George asked, and I glared at him, causing him to chuckle.

"We don't even have a nursery for her." I said. "I am not making Freddie's room into a nursery, even if he did offer. He needs his own space when he's home."

"You've got two living rooms." Fred spoke, earning our attention. "And you don't need two living rooms. Think about that for a moment."

We've got two living rooms.

"I know that look." Fred grinned. "That's the 'Freddie's right' look. You should turn one of the living rooms into a nursery."

"That's going to be one hell of a nursery." George said before looking at me. "But she does need a place to sleep."

"It's our best option." I nodded. "Yeah okay. We'll need to have some things done in order for it to work as a bedroom, though."

"We can look into that." George nodded, his hand resting against my lower back.

"Ooh, and about names—"

"You're not naming our daughter." I said quickly, remembering when he and Lee tried to name our twins.

Lee suggested Lea... without an H at the end. The idiot had forgotten that we already had a daughter that was named Leah.

"What? Why not? I've got some really great name suggestions!"

"Like what? Winter because she'll be born during winter?" George asked and Fred scoffed, folding his arms over his chest.

"Winter isn't a bad name though."

I laughed.

"Or May because that's when she was conceived?"

"Alright, I did not need to know that." Fred spoke, raising his eyebrows at George. "But May is pretty."

"We're not naming her Winter or May." I said.

"Have you even discussed names yet?"

"No..." George said hesitantly.

"We're waiting for her arrival. Maybe her face will give us a clue." I said and looked out at the streets as the rain slowly stopped.

"How about seven?" Fred asked. "Because she's the seventh."

"We're not bloody naming our daughter after a number!" I spoke. "You really aren't good at name picking unless you name them after someone, huh?"

"Hey! My son's name is Sebastian."

"And did Eloise suggest that?"

Fred went quiet. He pushed his hands into the pockets of his jacket and shrugged.

"I thought so." I chuckled.

The sound of George's phone going off, caused Fred and I to both look at him as he pulled his phone out.

"It's the school." He sighed and looked at me.

Not again...

"Why do they never call me?" I asked. "I'm their mother."

"Maybe they're crushing on me." George grinned before he answered the phone with a 'hello'.

"Liam probably bit someone again." Fred said and I shrugged.

"Or stabbed someone."

"Stabbed someone?"

"He stabbed a teacher with a pencil." I nodded. "And called her a cunt."

Fred snorted with laughter as he leaned against the wall.

"That's my nephew."

"Yes, of course." I heard George say, his voice kind of frantic. "We'll be there right away."

He hung up the phone and turned towards me.

"So what did Liam do this time?" I asked.

"Nothing. Mia is in the hospital—"

"What?!" I shouted, pushing myself away from the wall.

"It isn't serious!" He hurried to say. "She fell off the swing. She needs a few stitches. Mrs Taylor is at the hospital with her but we need to go."

I let out a breath of relief.

"Merlin's beard... could you not have led with that?"