Sixty-three

Dahlia

The first thing I saw when I woke up, was George. He sat in a chair next to the bed, holding our little girl.

She looked to be asleep and he was observing her.

I didn't see our friends in here. As I turned my head, I instead saw Meg.

She smiled at me.

"Welcome back, how're you feeling?"

This caught the attention of George and I looked at him, our eyes meeting as he sat up straight, then smiled comfortingly at me.

I looked at Meg again.

"I— what happened?"

"You had a postpartum haemorrhage." She explained to me. "It's when you have a heavy bleeding after birth. Sometimes it happens hours, maybe days after giving birth but it can also occur seconds or minutes after. We gave you a blood transfusion which means we will have to keep you for a few days so you can rest."

I sighed.

"Okay..." I mumbled. "...and her? Is she okay?"

"Your daughter? She is just fine." She smiled at me. "I was a little worried that I'd have to take her away to the NICU like with your twins, but she's as healthy as she can be. She gets to stay with you."

A small smile spread on my face.

"Thank you."

"I'll give you two some time to get to know your daughter." She told us before leaving the room and I looked at George before I pulled myself up to sit.

"Hey... careful." He said softly. "Don't sit up too quickly."

"I'm fine." I told him, holding out my hands to take her.

He handed her over to me and as I now held her in my arms, I stared down at her face.

"I've got a suggestion for a name." He said and sat down on the edge of the bed. "I think you may like it. It has meaning."

I looked at him.

"What is it?"

"Marguerite."

I raised my eyebrows. That sounded familiar. That's the...

"The cocktail?" I asked. "The one you ordered for us when we met?"

George nodded.

"It's also a girls name. It's French and it means 'pearl'... I think it's cute." He said. "I was thinking that since today is ten years ago, it would make sense."

"She was born on our anniversary." I said quietly. "...Marguerite."

I was tasting the word on my tongue before I looked down at her again.

"It's rather long, isn't it?"

"It is." George agreed. "But I was thinking Maggie for short."

"Marguerite Ray-Weasley." I whispered and leaned down to press a kiss to her forehead. "What about a middle name?"

When I looked at George, he was staring at her while thinking.

"How about Inez?" I asked him and our eyes met as he looked at me again. "Her and Dove named their son after me."

They did. Their son's name is Cree but his middle name is Dahlia.

"Marguerite Inez Ray-Weasley." George said, hearing it out loud. "I like it."

I smiled.

"So do I."

George smiled as he leaned in and kissed me, then kissed me again and then a third time.

"You scared the shit out of me." He said. "You have to stop doing that... almost dying on me."

I laughed softly, leaning my head against his cheek.

"You can't get rid of me that easily."

George brushed some of my hair behind my ear as I parted my lips to speak again.

"Where are the boys and Inez?"

"They had to go... they have some things they need to take care off." He said with a faint yet cheeky smile. "They'll be back to see how you're doing."

"Okay." I said in a whisper and kissed him before I looked down at Maggie. "She looks so much like you."

"You think?"

I nodded.

"She could be your twin if you didn't already have one." I chuckled. "Do we have any clothes for her? I want her to wear it."

George stood up and walked over to the hospital bag to look what we had packed for her. It was a while ago so neither of us remembered.

"We've got a few onesies." He said and held two up. "Which one?"

"I think that one will fit her better." I said, pointing to the plain white one in his right hand.

"Liam wore that when he got out of the NICU." George said with a small smile as he walked over. "Do you want to change her or shall I?"

"Can you?" I asked. "I'm scared that if I get up, I'll pass out."

George took her from my arms and walked over to the small bassinet, laying her down and unwrapping her from the blanket which instantly caused her cries to fill the room.

George talked to her in a soothing voice as he dressed her and as soon as she was dressed and he swaddled her in the blanket again, her crying stopped.

"I just realised I have to breastfeed again." I sighed as George picked her back up and walked back to the bed where I sat.

"I thought you lied breastfeeding."

"Yeah, well I had kind of gotten used to the fact that my last time would be the twins."

George sat down on the edge of the bed, close to me and I leaned my head against his shoulder while looking at Maggie in his arms.

"Marguerite." I whispered. "What a royal name."

My husband chuckled and turned his head to press a kiss to my forehead before he rested his head against mine.

"What time is it?" I asked, my eyes moving towards the windows as it was dark outside.

"Almost midnight."

I hummed in response.

"Wait... isn't Marguerite a daisy?" I asked. "The flower?"

George nodded.

"It's the French name for a daisy." He confirmed.

I chuckled.

"I bet Fleur will be happy when we announce the name." I smiled before I leaned back against the pillow. "I'm so tired."

"Yeah?" He asked and looked at me. "Go to sleep, beautiful."

My eyes landed on Maggie.

"I've got her." George assured me. "Go to sleep, Dia. You've had a long day."

I smiled at him, watching as he stared down at our daughter.

"Can you believe that I was in labour this morning and now we've got a seventh kid."

George chuckled.

"It's crazy... though I wouldn't have it any other way."