Seventy-two

It's ending soon ;((

Also, at one point I assured you that this book would be less traumatic but I just had the best idea for the ending of this book.

-

I watched myself in the mirror, taking a deep breath.

I wore some high-waisted black trousers with a white button-up shirt tucked in. My hair was brushed neatly, spread over my shoulders and I was wearing heels.

Staring at myself, I tugged at each of my sleeves. I tilted my head at myself.

"How do I look?" I asked before I turned around and looked at George who laid on the bed with Maggie on his chest.

My husband looked at me, smiling.

"Like a woman about to win a custody battle." He said and I chuckled, running my fingers through my hair as I approached the bed. "I'm coming with you, Dahlia."

"No you're not." I sighed. "Someone has to go to the parenting day at the twins school. I don't want us to let them down. You know how excited they've been."

"You're about to face your ex-husband down at the ministry." George responded and sat up, holding Maggie still against his chest to not wake her. "I want to be there."

I reached out to brush my knuckles over his cheekbone.

"I know, but it's going to be fine. I'll keep you updated. I'll text you during the break and after as well. I'll win it."

George offered a small smile and I leaned down to kiss him.

"You don't have to leave yet, do you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"In thirty minutes I do." I said and sat down on the bed. "Are you sure I look alright? I need to look like I'm a good mum."

"You don't have to look like anything. You are a good mum."

I smiled weakly at him before I looked at Maggie. She was adorable, her cheek squished against George's chest.

My little girl.

"I have a weird feeling about today." I said, continuing to stare at Maggie while I felt George's eyes burn into my skin.

"You're winning this, Dia."

I took a deep breath.

"I hope I do."

"C'mere... kiss me." He said, and I looked at him chuckling.

I leaned in and pressed a soft kiss to his lips.

"Again." He whispered and when I did it again, he grinned. "One more time."

Rolling my eyes at him, I kissed him again.

"I'm gonna make some tea before I leave." I said. "Do you want some?"

He nodded.

"Yes. Thank you."

After making the tea, I brought it upstairs and George and I sat together, drinking out of each of our cups until I had to leave.

I showed up at the ministry, meeting with my lawyer to plan it out before it started.

I was going to tell the story about Malcolm and I, in court. That was the best I could do.

Inez and Dove were here to support me, as well as Fred and Lee.

Malcolm was in there as well, his lawyer present. His sister was there to support him, and his father too.