Sixty-nine

I shut the door behind me, getting rid of my jacket and shoes before making my way upstairs.

I had just gotten Elsie back at Hogwarts after she had been home for a few days. Yesterday, the three of us went down to the Ministry and George is now officially her dad.

"Hey, George have you—"

I stopped when I saw George in our bedroom. He was shirtless, looking at his side through the mirror which was awfully red.

"What did you do?" I asked and rushed over, removing his hand from his side.

"I'm not telling you. It's embarrassing."

I glanced up at his face before gently running my fingers over his skin, feeling him wince at my touch.

"Though you can help me feel better." He said and when I looked up at him again, he was smirking down at me.

"Yeah?" I asked, slowly dragging my hand down his chest, over his stomach until I reached his trousers.

George inhaled sharply but then I removed my hand.

"You're too horny, George." I said and he sighed when he realised I teased him on purpose.

"Yeah... well now I'm getting hard."

I looked down at his trousers, laughing as I saw the bulge. I shook my head at him before I put my attention on the bruise on his side again.

"Tell me how you got this."

"No."

"George." I said with a warning to my tone as I looked up at him. "Tell me."

He sighed loudly.

"I stumbled across Malcolm in Diagon Alley during lunch." He said. "I threw in most punches but I slipped and he kicked me in the ribs when I was on the ground."

I stared at him before I let out a frustrated laugh, then ran my hands through my hair.

"Who started it?"

George stayed quiet, staring at the wall until I pressed on his side, causing him to whimper at the pain.

"Look at me." I said and he did. "Did you punch him first?"

"No." He said, his eyes locked on mine. "He did. I just defended myself, Dia."

I nodded.

"Okay." I said. "You don't have any bruises on your face though."

George shook his head and gestured towards the dresser. I now noticed the open jar of bruising paste, and I sighed.

"Alright... take care of that." I said. "And can you watch Maggie for a little while?"

"Of course. I'm her father." He said. "Where're you going?"

I shrugged.

"No, Dahlia." George shook his head. "Don't go to Malcolm. It's fine, yeah? I'm okay."

"He attacked you."

"Because I confronted him." He said. "He doesn't exactly like being called a rapist."

"You confronted him?" I asked. "What? Were you hoping he'd confess? I told you he doesn't remember it. He was way too drunk."

"That's not a fucking excuse."

"I know." I nodded. "I'm just gonna go and warm him. One more thing and I report him."

I walked out of the room, hearing George sigh behind me.