Fifteen

I took a deep breath.

I threw the tests in the bin before I made my way downstairs, but just as I reached the bottom of the stairs, the doorbell rang.

With a sigh, I turned and walked out to the door, opening it.

Jess.

"Hi Professor." She smiled. "Is Freddie home? I was going to ask if he'd watch a film with me."

Don't freak out on her.

Knowing how she had treated Fred, I really wanted to yell at her, but Fred hadn't gotten the chance to come out to everyone yet and if Jess knew that Fred had told me, she'd out him.

My son wasn't gonna be outed.

"I'm sorry Jess." I forced a smile. "Freddie isn't home at the moment."

"Oh..." her smile dropped. "Well can you tell him I came by?"

I nodded.

"Sure."

"Thanks." She muttered and turned around and as she walked away, I closed the door.

I walked back into the entrance hall and through the door to the garden.

George looked up and his smile widened when he saw me.

He motioned for me to join them in the grass, which I did.

"Look, mummy!" Liam held up his hands before he dipped them in the purple paint again, then pressed his hands to the canvas while Amelia was now making hand prints in the grass. "Daddy showed us how to do it."

I smiled.

"You're so talented, baby."

"I'm painting the grass." Amelia giggled.

"Be careful about getting it on your clothes." George told her. "We don't know if it'll come out."

I looked at him.

He seemed happy today. He was a generally happy person but today was one of those days were he was glowing with happiness.

I knew he wanted another child. He wanted a lot and as soon as I gave birth to the twins, he wanted another, but I wasn't so sure that I did.

In my mind, the twins completed our family. I had closure with them.

I should've had my tubes tied.

"What are you thinking about?" George asked as he looked at me, placing a hand on my knee.

I shrugged.

"Nothing." I assured him.

"How did lunch with Inez go?" He asked, scooting closer to me.

"Well, her and Dove are taking in a new born." I said, and he raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah... she seemed excited."

"I would be too if we took in a newborn." He said, and I bit down on my lip before looking down at my stomach.

I had to be at least eight weeks pregnant, maybe even more.

"I remember when those two were babies." George said. "They were the most amazing little babies. So cute and so easy. They barely ever cried."

I snorted.

"Oh is that the way you remember it?" I asked. "Who got up most night when they woke us up by crying?"

He looked at me.

"Don't do that. I got up just as much as you did."

"No you didn't!" I laughed. "You shoved me and told me that the twins were crying and then I got up and breastfed two babies at once."