Twelve

I made my first TikTok which means I'm cool now.

Actually, it wasn't my first. I made some four years ago but it's so cringe to look back on.

-

After putting the twins to bed one night in July, I sat on the sofa in the entrance hall.

I felt tired — exhausted.

Like I could fall asleep at any moment.

George walked down after me, smiling when he saw me. I leaned my head against the sofa, and smiled back.

"Maybe you should head to bed as well, yeah?"

I shook my head.

"It's fine." I said as he walked around the sofa and leaned down, kissing the side of my neck while he slid his hand into my shirt and down to cup one of my breasts. "George... horny bastard."

He bit down on my neck and I let out a small moan.

"It's been months." He whispered. "I need you."

I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against him. I reached my hand up to run my hand into his hair, then there was footsteps and he quickly pulled back while I sat up straight.

Fred came walking down the stairs.

"I need to talk to you both." He said and stopped at the end of the stairs. "It's kind of important."

George walked around to sit next to me while Fred sat down on the opposite sofa.

"The reason I wanted to quit quidditch, is because Jess told me to." Fred nodded, and I noticed George lean back while I simply listened to Fred. "I don't have any feelings towards her. I actually don't like her at all. I just thought it would help hide a part of myself but I've realise that I need to be out in order to be happy."

He looked at us to see George's reaction, seeing as he had already come out to me.

"Mum already knows this, but dad... I'm gay."

I looked at George to see his reaction. He was smiling as he sat up straight.

A small chuckle left his mouth.

"Thank you for telling me." He nodded. "That's why you're with Jess? To hide it?"

Fred nodded.

"And she knows?"

He nodded again.

"She actually... she told me that if I leave her, she'd out me to the family and the entire school... my friends included." He said. "And my friends are... they're homophobic."

With a frown, I looked from George to Fred.

"What? That's blackmail. She's blackmailing you?"

"Your friends are homophobic?" George asked. "Why in the world would you befriend a bunch of homophobic people?"

"Well, I was eleven and didn't know they were homophobic yet."

I ran my hands over my face before looking at Fred again.

"Tell Jess to come over tomorrow."

"What? No!"

"I'm gonna have a chat with her." I said. "You know... girl to girl."

"Mum—"

"Dia."

"Or, get her on the phone with me." I said. "Fred, her blackmailing you, using your sexuality, is not right."

"Fred, go upstairs, will you?" George asked. "We'll discuss all of this in the morning. Get some sleep."

Once Fred walked upstairs, I looked at George who looked at me.

"You're right. Blackmailing Fred and using his sexuality is not right, but Fred is not gonna want you to step in and take care of it. He's almost nineteen. Let him handle it unless he asks for our help."

I sighed.

"I've always hated Jess and now she's using his sexuality against him. She's blackmailing our son."

"And we will help him." He said. "If he wants us to."

I nodded.

"Okay." I said. "Yeah, you're right."

I folded my arms over my chest and George moved his hand up to brush my hair behind my ear.

"Nine years and I still feel my stomach flutter when I see the way you protect them." He said, causing me to turn my head and look at him. "You were their mother from the moment you met them."

I smiled and he stood up.

"I love you." I said softly, causing him to look at me again.

He smiled and leaned down to kiss me.

"I love you." He said back before he walked into the kitchen.

After sitting for a moment, I stood up and decided to follow him.

He opened a cupboard to get a glass, then found the apple juice.

"George?"

"Yes, darling?"

"We can have sex." I told him. "Tonight... once everyone are asleep."

He looked up at me without lifting his head, smiling.

"Planned sex? Okay..."

"Well, we used to only plan it when we tried for a baby." I said. "And when I think about it, I do miss having you inside of me."

He chuckled and put the apple juice back in the fridge before I walked around the kitchen island and wrapped my arms around his back.

I looked up at him, smiling when he wrapped one arm around my waist.

He picked up his glass of apple juice and took a sip, then leaned down to press a kiss to my lips.

Then he took another sip, and I stole the glass from him, downing the whole thing while trying to act like I didn't find it completely disgusting.

"You don't like apple juice..." George said.

"Hmm..." I hummed, slowly placing the glass back down before moving a hand over my mouth.

"Are you gonna throw up?"

I swallowed and then nodded before hurrying out into the bathroom. I managed to get the toilet seat up before I dropped to my knees and threw up.

I could hear George laugh at my reaction, joining me in the bathroom. He crouched down and ran his hand up and down my back while I reached for some toilet paper to wipe my mouth.

"How do you find it so disgusting?" He asked and I reached over to flush the toilet.

"How do you drink it?" I shot back. "Oh god... I just felt it as soon as I swallowed."

A smirk appeared on George's face and I rolled my eyes.

"Pervert."

"Brush your teeth." He told me. "I'll put on a movie before we go to bed."

He stood up and left the room. At the same time, I got up and walked up to our private bathroom to brush my teeth.

I'm never drinking apple juice again.