Different

Soon Bill arrived.

"Jess, when you're feeling better you can come back and we can have a sleep over." Sarah smiles. "Would that be okay, Mr. Davis?"

"Sure."

Jessica looks at Sarah and smiles. "Thank you!  I hope I get better really really soon."

Sarah smiles and hugs her friend.

Bill then drove Jessica home.  The rest of the night went as usual.

The next morning the nausea was back.  Jessica was so tired of being sick.  She didn't know what it was that was making her so ill.

Both Suzanne and Bill were working today so Jessica got on the computer and messaged Sarah.

J: Hey!  Bill and Suzanne are at work.  It's just me.

S: Hey!  U still sick?

J: I got sick this morning before breakfast.  I'm still nauseous, but I haven't thrown up since.

S: That sucks.  Can I come over?

Jessica bit her thumbnail and thought about it for a minute.

S: Jess?

Jessica took a deep breath and responded.

J: Sure!  Come over.

**

Sarah arrived ten minutes later.

"Hi." Jessica smiled. "Come in.."

"Thanks.  Man, you don't look so great."

"Thanks!" Jessica laughed.

"Sorry."

"It's okay.  I don't.  Hey, wanna come up to my room?  Suzanne bought me some shirts for the summer, but they're way too small for me.  I guess I've hit a growth spurt."

"Free stuff?  Sure!"

Jessica chuckles and leads the way up to her bedroom.

**

"Here you go."

"All of these?"

"Yeah.  I love them but they're way to tight on me."

"I'm telling you there's somethin' in that vegan stuff you're eating."

Jessica laughs before getting a whiff of Sarah's body spray.

"Sarah, don't take this the wrong way, but you stink!"

"Hey!  This is the good stuff!" Sarah sniffs her shirt. "I stole it from my cousin.  She always uses it before she goes out with her boyfriend."

"Do you steal everything?"

"No... Not Everything."

"Well I'm sorry but it's making my stomach hurt."

"Don't you think you should maybe see a doctor?"

"I don't know.  I figured it would pass on it's own."

"Maybe."

Jessica sighs.

"Jess, can you please spend the night?  I wanna have a movie night!  I swear I'll wash the smell of this body spray off."

Jessica laughs. "I'll talk to Bill and Suzanne when they call.  One of them usually calls around lunch time."

"I hope you can come over."

"What if I get you sick?"

"I'm fine.  I never get sick. I was with you yesterday and I'm fine today!"

**

Bill called to check on Jessica.  She told him she was feeling much better, which was a lie.  She also asked if she could have a sleepover at Sarah's.

After a lot of begging Bill said yes.

Jessica was so happy.  She immediately packed a bag and left with Sarah.

Arriving at her house Jessica ran in and dropped her things. "Hello Mr. and Mrs. Paulson!  Please excuse me!" She said running to the bathroom.

Sarah's parents turn to their daughter in confusion.

"She has to pee."

"Oh!  So she's feeling better?"

"Uh.. Yeah!" Sarah smiles.

The evening went on great.  Jessica didn't get sick at all.  The girls watched movie after movie, and Jessica was able to just be a kid.

Throughout the night was a totally different story.

"Jessica, what's wrong with your bladder?  You've peed like ten times since you've been here!"

"I have no idea!"

"You okay?"

"I think so.. I.. I just don't know anymore!" Jessica cries.

"Jessica.. What's wrong?" Sarah sits up.

"I don't know!"

"Talk to me."

"I just feel so different.  My body doesn't even feel like mine.  I'm tired all the time.  I feel sick, my boobs.. they hurt!" Jessica pouts. "I started my period recently.. well you remember that."

"Yeah.. sorry about that."

"Have you started yet?  Is this normal?  Will I feel like this forever?"

"I started back in December.  I mean.. I feel different, but not like you!"

"I hate it!"

"I'm sorry it's so hard on you."

"It's okay.. gosh, I'm so sorry for crying!"

"It's fine!

Jessica takes a deep breath.

"You feel better?"

"Not really.. I think I have to pee again."

"Oh geez.."

"I know!" Jessica cries.

***

Since Jessica's foster parents were working again today, Catherine took the girls out for a shopping and spa day.

Sarah and Jessica relaxed as their feet soaked in the warm water.

Jessica closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "This is nice."

Sarah laughs. "You gonna fall asleep?"

"Mhmm..."

After leaving the nail salon the girls went shopping.

"Are you okay?" Sarah asked Jessica. "You don't look so great."

"Yeah.. I just.. I'm so dizzy.."

"Let's find somewhere to sit.  I'm so sorry, Jess.  You already weren't feeling well.  We should have just stayed home."

"No, it's okay.." Jessica says before seeing black.

"JESSICA!" Sarah shouts. "MOM!  HELP!"