Everything's Changing

August.

"Thank you for letting me stay the weekend, Uncle Doug and Aunt Cathy."

"Of course!"

"Just no hanky panky." Doug says.

"Daaaad!" Jessica groans.

"I promise, sir."

"You have to remember we have Isla in the room with us." Jessica says.

"Ah yes!" Doug smiles and lifts his granddaughter. "The best birth control on the market."

"Poppyyyy!" Isla giggles.

Jessica chuckles softly. "No, we just want to be together. ."

"Yep. . But we will not be sad because I will drive back every weekend, and hopefully my girls can come up and visit me too."

"Yeah. ." Jessica pouts.

"No don't pout because my little heart can't it when you make that face."

"Well if I keep pouting will you please stay?"

"Aw baby!" Danny wraps his arms around her.

"I'm sorry."

"Why?  Don't apologize sweet girl."

"I want you to go, but I'm just extra emotional right now."

"I know, babe.  It's okay."

"And why are you extra emotional?" Doug asks.

"Lady stuff, uncle Doug." Danny says.

"Stoooop!" Jessica whines.

"I'm sorry." Danny rubs her back. "It's just an emotional time of the month."

"I said Stop!"

"Sorry!"

"Danny, I am going to visit you as much as possible, but you know it'll be hard with Isla. ."

"I know, I know.  Don't worry.  I promise, promise, promise to come home every weekend."

"You can't promise that.  You have a life too!" Jessica cries.

"My life is with you, Jessie."

Jessica looks up to Danny.  Her lips quivering, her eyes filled with tears.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, Danny."

The couple then share a kiss.

Isla turns to her grandfather and makes a face. "Why is my mommy being crazy today?"

Doug chuckles and rubs her back. "Don't let her hear you say that, sweet pea."

**

Danny, Jessica, Sarah, and of course Isla spent the rest of the evening together.  Watching movies, talking, playing with Isla, and eating junk food.  It was an amazing night.

The rest of the weekend was simply perfect.  Danny and Jessica took Isla out during the day, and went out on a date alone every night.

Now it's Monday.  The day Jessica has been dreading.  Today Danny's parents are driving him to Austin.

"What do you mean Danny's moving away?!" Isla cries.

"Honey, remember we went over this."

"I didn't think he'd actually MOVE!  FROM ME?!  Danny, you're gonna miss me too too much!"

"I will miss you too too much, baby girl.  But I promise to visit."

"You're my best friend!  I don't want you to leave me!"