Some day

Meanwhile at the house.

"Say bye bye, Isla."

"Bye bye baby Holly!  I be back, okay?  Me n' Mommy are going on a date with Danny."

Jessica chuckles and nods her head. "I'm sharing my boyfriend with my daughter."

The baby coos and looks to Isla.  Isla gasps. "She's looking at me and talking to me!  Her says I love you, Isla!  I love you too, baby Holly!" Isla kisses her forehead.

**

Danny took the girls to Dave and Busters.

"I go play games now?"

"After you eat." Jessica says.

"I wanna play before I eat!"

"Isla, listen to your mom."

"Danny!" Isla makes a face at him and crosses her arms.

"Be a good girl, Isla.  Santa is watching you."

"Oh right!  UGH!  I gotta be good AGAIN!" She groans and rolls her eyes.

Jessica chuckles and pats her back. "You can do it, stinker."

"I'm gonna try my best." Isla sighs.

Danny laughs. "You're so funny, Poop."

"Yeah, yeah."

**

Jessica smiled as she watched Danny and Isla play the motorcycle racing game.  Isla giggled loudly, and it brought Jessica so much joy.

"I winned!"

"Hey, WE won!"

"No ME!"

"Isla, you've gotta give him some credit." Jessica laughs.

Danny chuckles and takes her hand.  He then leans in to kiss her and Jessica turns her head.

Danny kisses her cheek and smiles softly.  Danny hasn't kissed Jessica's lips since before the incident.

**

When they returned home Danny told Isla to go inside and tell her grandparents and Holly all about their date.  He took that moment alone with Jessica to ask her a question.

"Jess?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Why won't you let me kiss you?"

"Oh. . ."

"I miss kissing you.  I understand if you don't want to do anything else.  I completely get it!  But I just want a kiss. . ."

"I just. . ." Jessica looks down. "I feel dirty.  Like I don't deserve to kiss you."

"But baby, you are not dirty.  You are not tainted.  You are not defined by what happened to you."

"But I feel like I am.  I don't want you to get Evan germs!" She pouts.

"Honey. ."

"I know. . I'm crazy."

"You're not crazy." Danny wraps his arms around Jessica and pulls her body against his.

"You were abused and hurt.  I just want you to know you're safe with me.  I'm sorry I couldn't protect you the last time.  I'll never forgive myself for not being able to prevent all of this."

"I don't want you to feel bad about that, Danny.  It wasn't your fault."

"I promise you I'll never let you down again."