This isn't my body

"Hah!  You lost again!" Sarah smiles.

"Hey I'd win if I had my glasses!"

Sarah laughs. "Yeah, yeah.  Hey, you hungry?"

"Yes but everything makes me sick."

"I'm sorry.. Hey I have a question!  Is that why you were peeing so much?"

"Yeah.  Apparently a baby the size of a grape can still really mess up your bladder!"

"That's crazy."

"Yeah.. Now I want grapes."

Sarah chuckles. "Do you have any here?  I'll grab you some."

"Really?" Jessica smiles.

"Sure!"

"Aw thanks.  Yeah, we have some."

"Okay, I'll be right back."

"Thanks Sar!"

"No problem."

**

An hour later.

"So.. do you mind if I ask you something?"

"No.  What is it?"

"What are they gonna do to Mr. Edwin?  What if he does this to someone else?"

"Bill said he's taking care of it.  He went to the police already.  I don't know what will happen to him, but I doubt he'll be working at the school anymore."

"That's so scary.  Jess, I'm so sorry I didn't stand up for you when I should have."

"Sarah, you saved me from him!"

"No, I should have said something when those bitches were bulling you."

"Sarah!" Jessica giggles.

"I should have talked to you.  I should have made sure you had a place to sit at lunch.  If I did you would have never been in that room with that man." Sarah says as she begins to cry.

"Sarah, don't.  It's not your fault."

"I feel like I failed you, Jess."

"You didn't!  Sarah, trust me.  You came into my life at the perfect time."

"I just feel so bad."

"I don't want you to.  If you keep saying this you're gonna make me cry again."

"Please don't cry again." Sarah laughs through her tears.

"Too late, I am!" Jessica jokes.

Sarah laughs and wipes her cheeks.

"I love you, Jess."

"I love you too, Sar."

***

Two days later.

"Good morning.."

"Good morning, Jessica.  Sit down.  We need to talk." Suzanne says.

Jessica takes a seat and asks, "Is everything okay?"

"I spoke with the police just a little while ago." Bill says.

"Oh?"

"They've arrested Edwin."

Jessica's mouth opened, and her eyes slightly widened. "Wow.  They did?"

"I'm not sure how long he'll be in there, but I know it'll be a while.. They found some um.. things at his house."