Fireworks

The Hustons and Langes are all outside enjoying the fireworks.  Isla has talked about them all day, but now that it's here she's too exhausted to even enjoy them.

Isla sat in Jessica's lap, and cuddled into her chest, wrapped in her pool towel.

"Baby girl, the fireworks started.  Didn't you want to see them?" Jessica says in a soothing motherly voice.

Isla opens her eyes and looks up. "They so pretty." She says half asleep.

Jessica chuckles and runs her hand through her hair. "My poor baby is so sleepy!"

"Cause I swimmed all day long like a fishy."

"I know!  You're gonna turn into a fish if we don't watch out."

Isla laughs and places her hand on Jessica's cheek. "I love you, mommy."

"Aw Isla bug, I love you more baby girl."

Isla giggles softly before laying her head down on her chest.

Danny wraps his arm around Jessica and she scoots closer to him.

Jessica looks up to Danny and smiles softly before he kisses her lips.

"These fireworks remind me of how I felt earlier today."

Danny chuckles. "Yep." He nods. "There were definitely some fireworks goin' on in that backyard."

"It was so incredible."

"I can't wait to do it again." He smirks.

Jessica smiles. "Are we still on for our date tomorrow night?"

"Absolutely." Danny kisses her forehead.

"Good.  I can't wait.  Hopefully I can find a sitter for the little fishy."

"If not then she can join our date night. . . We'll just put her to bed early."

Jessica giggles and kisses his lips.

It was a beautiful night, and perfect end to an incredible day.

**

Later that evening.

"Thank you for bringing in my little sleeping beauty, dad."

"You're welcome.  I'm gonna go tuck her in."

"Oh thank you!" Jessica smiles. "You're the best Poppy." She kisses his cheek.

"Yes I am, and I love it."

Jessica giggles.  She then waits until her father and Isla are upstairs.  She then turns to her mother and smiles.

"Hi Mommy."

"Hi honey.  You okay?"

"Yeah, yeah. . I'm good.  I'm actually Great!"

"That's good. . . Jessie?"

"Yes ma'am?"

"Did you and Danny come here earlier to mess around?"

Jessica smiles and nods her head. "We did."

"You had sex?"

"No!  But we did other stuff."

"Yeah mom, they did it in the grass!" Sarah says.

"Sarah go upstairs!" Jessica says.

"Jessica!  In the grass?"

"Well I forgot my key!  We were heading to the back door but. . . we didn't make it." She smiles softly.