Not Again

"MOMMY!"

"Don't look, Isla.  Please don't look!" Jessica sobbed as Edwin pounded himself into her.

Isla screamed on the top of her lungs as tears poured down her face.  This poor little girl was traumatized.  She had no idea what this man was doing to her mother.

"Mommy's okay baby.  I'm so sorry." Jessica kept apologizing like this was her fault.

Edwin moaned her name and grunted into her.  Jessica shut her eyes and wanted to die.  Why was he doing this?  Why was this happening again?

Jessica wanted to fight him, but since she was tied down she couldn't.  There was nothing for her to do.

She thought about Danny and her heart broke.  Jessica felt that she may never see Danny again.  Maybe that was for the best.  She felt disgusting and she knew Danny deserved someone who was clean.

Suddenly Jessica felt Edwin throbbing inside oh her and the familiar warm liquid oozing out and filling her just like last time.

Jessica cried as this happened.  Not again.

**

Jessica's mouth is completely dry.  Her eyes so red from crying.  Her body in pain from the abuse, and her heart absolutely broken.  Isla sat across from her mother and had fallen asleep in the chair she was tied to.  Jessica didn't take her eyes off of her daughter who was slumped over.  She prayed that Edwin would keep his hands off of Isla, and that her family would find her soon.

***

"It's been five hours!  Those fucking police are doing shit!  I'm going out to find her."

"Daniel, where are you going?" Zoe asks.  Everyone had gathered at the Paulson's home.

"I'm going to see where they've gotten on tracking her phone, and I'm going to tell them to search Edwin's home.  It's him, I know it is.  Jessica and Isla aren't safe with him.  If he did that to Jessie in junior high then who knows what this man is capable of in his own home." The very thought of it made Danny's stomach turn. "No one try stopping me because I'm going!  I should have never left her, this is my fault."

"Don't say that, Danny." Catherine said.  Her eyes swollen and red from the constant tears.

"It is.  Aunt Cathy, I'm gonna find them." Danny grabs her hands and looks into her eyes. "I promise you I'm gonna bring them back."

"I'll go with you." John says.

"Me too." Doug grabs his phone.  He had been driving around as well, but he had a bad feeling that Danny was right.  Edwin had his girls.

***

Edwin walked into the room with food for Jessica and Isla.

"Elizabeth, I have a grilled cheese for you, and Jessica my dear I have a nice variety.  I looked up the best foods to eat when you're trying to get pregnant."

Anger filled Jessica and she spit in his face.

"Come on, love.  We make such beautiful babies!  I mean look at Elizabeth."

"THAT'S NOT MY NAME!" Isla shouts.  Jessica had never seen her daughter this way before.  She's such a happy child.  Now Isla looks so angry and afraid.  Who can blame her?

"Eat baby girl.  You'll feel better." Edwin holds the sandwich up in front of her mouth but Isla refuses to eat.

Jessica looks at the time and realizes Isla hasn't eaten in hours.  As much as she hates this, Isla has to eat.