Sister

Later that evening.

Danny, Jessica and Isla return home from Dave and busters.

"Gaga! Poppy!" Isla runs in with excitement.

"Hi Princess!" Doug smiles.

"Hey girly!" Catherine says.

"Mommy and Danny taked me to the game and pizza place!! Look what I got! Danny won all the games for me! LOOK!  I got an Elsa sticker book! I got a basket ball! A slinky! And CANDYYYY!"

"Woah girl, you won big!"

"Yeah!" Isla then turns back to Jessica and Danny. "Thank you Mommy, thank you Danny!" She gives them both a hug.

"Aw you're welcome, love! Danny paid though." Jessica giggles.

"It was no big deal. I love splurging on my girl." Danny lifts her up and kisses her cheek.

Jessica smiles.
She then turns to her mother and says, "Sarah isn't home yet?"

"No not yet."

"Oh. ."

"Is everything alright?"

Jessica nods her head, but Catherine clearly sees through her.

Once Danny leaves she pulls Jessica aside.
"Did something happened between you and Sarah?"

"No. . ." Jessica lies.

"I know you're not telling me the truth."

Jessica immediately starts crying. "She got mad at us because we care about her!"

"What?"

"Danny and I know Evan is no good. He doesn't treat her right, mom. I don't want her to get hurt! She told Danny and I to worry about ourselves and then she made fun of us for dating our cousin." Jessica sobs.

Catherine wraps her arms around her daughter as she sighs.

"Dad and I will have a talk with Sarah."

"She'll hate me even more if she knows I told you!"

"Sarah does not hate you, sweetie."

"SHE DOESSSSS!"

"It's okay. Calm down, Jessie. . ."

"I don't want her to get hurt. She protected me, and I want to do the same. She just won't let me!"

"I'll knock some sense into her."

Jessica sniffles and closes her eyes. Suddenly she feels a tiny kick on her hand.

Jessica smiles through her tears and asks, "Was that the baby?"

"Yeah, you could feel?"

"Yes!" She laughs.

"They're telling their sissy to calm down. That everything is going to be okay. . Because mommy is going to beat big sissy's ass if she doesn't stop."

Jessica laughs. She then wipes her tears.

"Your sister loves you, Jessica."

Jessica smiles softly at the word Sister. Finally having a family after so long made Jessica so happy. She felt complete after years of feeling empty.

This fight with Sarah broke her heart.

"I love her too. That's why I want her to stop making stupid decisions!"

Catherine chuckles and kisses her head.

**

A few hours later.