Chapter 56

The following day my brothers came to the hospital. Luckily the rest of the gang wasn't with them. I don't think I could face all of them after they saw Bexley kiss me.
"Courtney we need to talk." Darry said.
"There is nothing to talk about." I said as I looked away from my brothers.
"Nothing to talk about? We saw you kiss Bexley!" Ponyboy yelled tears forming in my eyes. This is not how I wanted my brothers to find out.
"I-I can explain." I said
"Then please do! Why are you trying to hide stuff from us? Especially me! I'm your twin brother!" Soda shouted and I could see tears forming in his eyes causing me to look away.
"Because I don't even know myself what is happening to me. I-I thought I l-liked guys but B-Bexley kissed me and we're dating and now I'm confused about my emotions." I said as I cried.
"Courtney" I heard Sodapop say.
"P-please Darry. Say something." I said looking at my older brother. He has said nothing through all of this.
"I don't know what to say. I'm sorry." Darry said.
"Just send me to a group home now if you want Darry. If my brothers won't accept me I'll go to a group home." I said sobbing
"Darry is not going to send you to a group home. Right Darry?" Ponyboy said.
"I wouldn't let him." Sodapop said.
"I'm not sending you to a group home, but I am checking you out and we are going to talk about this at home." Darry said and walked out of the room.
I then bawled my eyes out and felt someone hug me. I could tell it was Sodapop by his scent.
"It's going to be okay."
"I'm gonna go check if Darry is ready." Ponyboy said leaving us alone.
"I don't want Darry to kick me out because I'm confused Soda." I cried.
"He won't do that. He's just scared for you. People aren't necessarily friendly to us greasers and if they find out about your sexuality on top of you being a parent I don't even want to think about what could happen." Soda said holding me tighter.
"I wish mom was here. I wish she could tell me what to do." I said.
"I know. We'll get through this." Sodapop said.
We were then interrupted by Darry and Pony.
"You can go home." Darry said.
I changed real quick and grabbed my stuff and Darry stopped at the store and I picked up my medicine and we headed home.