Chapter 35

Courtney's POV
I was on my way home from the jail house. So many thoughts were on my mind. Would Daxtyn really try to take my child away from me? Would he get out early on good behavior? How long was I safe from him? Why couldn't he just leave me alone? I thought and then bumped into someone as I was knocked out of my thought.
"I-I'm s-sorry." I stuttered.
After the whole incident my personality hasn't been the same. I've been trying to get better but with what just happened with Daxtyn I'm just so afraid. I wish I could just be happy.
"No it's my fault. I'm Bexley Valens." The girl said and put her hand out to help me up which I gladly took. I will admit she was cute. Wait what am I thinking? I'm straight aren't I?
"What's your name?" Bexley said knocking me out of my thoughts.
"Oh sorry. M-my name is Courtney Curtis." I said shyly.
"So who's the father?" Bexley asked looking at my stomach and I blushed and put my head down.
"M-my ex I-I'd rather not t-talk about him." I said and could feel tears starting in my eyes as I started to sniffle.
"Oh no I'm sorry I'm brought it up. Please don't cry. Can I walk with you?" Bexley said.
"Sure." I said wiping my tears.
"So are you new to Tulsa?" I asked her.
"Yeah actually. Originally I'm from New York, but I needed a new start ya know." Bexley said.
"I wish I could start over." I said softly hoping she didn't hear me.
"So where you headed?" Bexley asked.
"Home." I said as I noticed my familiar street. Luckily I didn't see any socs.
"Well tell me about your family? What are they like?" Bexley said.
"I live with my brothers. My older brother Darry takes care of my brothers Ponyboy, Sodapop and I. Sodapop is my twin brother we're both sixteen, my younger brother Ponyboy is fourteen and my older brother Darry is twenty." I said
"That's cool. Is that your house?" Bexley said pointing to a house with lights on which was indeed ours.
"Yeah why don't you come on in? You can meet my brothers and the gang if they are here." I said. I walked into my house followed by Bexley to see the whole gang there.
"Where have you been? It's almost 10pm." Darry said getting worked up over nothing.
"I-I'm sorry Darry I just need to go for a walk and I-I ran into some greasers who were giving me a hard time.
"Are you okay Minnie Mouse?" Sodapop said and came over to hug me.
"Who are you?" Dally said rudely to Bexley before I could answer Sodapop.
"I'm Bexley Valens. I walked home with Courtney. She looked like she had a rough day." Bexley said.
"Well thanks for walking our sister home. I'm her older brother Darry." Darry said coming over and shaking Bexley's hand.
"No problem." Bexley said.
"I'm Sodapop. I'm Courtney's twin who also happens to be her best friend!" Sodapop said proudly while still hugging me.
"Correction! I'm Athena Johnson and Courtney's best friend!"Athena said and glared at Sodapop and they both began to playfully wrestle over who was my best friend.
"Stop it you two!" Darry yelled at them.
"Steve Randle." Steve said
"Two-bit Matthews." Two-bit said as he drank his beer and watched Mickey Mouse.
"I'm Ponyboy and that's Johnny and Dallas." Ponyboy said pointing each one out.
"Nice to meet you all, but I should get going." Bexley said.
"Thank you for helping me. Are you sure you don't need a place to stay?" I offered.
"I'll be fine. It was nice meeting you Courtney." Bexley said and shook my hand but it felt like she put something in my hand. She then waved to the guys and left.
"Well she was interesting?" Ponyboy said
"Yeah." I said and walked to my room to head to bed after the long day. I knew my brothers would want to talk about where I was tomorrow.

(Picture is of Bexley Valens Who is going to possibly be Courtney's love interest)