Chapter 8

Sodapop's POV
It was as if time stood still as soon as I heard that. My sister. My twin sister was raped. But by who? Was it a Soc? Was it her ex? Who would want to harm our sister that much.
"Will she be okay?" Darry asked snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Physically yes, mentally and emotionally I'm not sure." The doctor said.
"Can we see her?" Ponyboy asked
"Yes, but only three at a time." The doctor said and my brothers and I looked at the gang.
"Go ahead we'll wait." Two-bit said and my brothers and I were lead to our sisters room.
"She's in this room, but she may still be asleep." The doctor said.
"We understand. Thank you." Darry said and shook the doctors hand.
"I'll be back to check on her in a bit." The doctor said and left.
Darry opened the door to our sisters room and entered, followed by Pony and then myself. I bit my lip scared to see the condition of my twins sister. We walked over to her bed to see that she was still asleep. She had a few bruises and a cast on her left arm. I sat on the left side of her bed with Pony at the right and Darry sitting next to Pony.  I looked at my brothers with tears in my eyes and I could tell they were trying to hold them back as well. We then heard a groan.
"W-where am I?" We heard Courtney say.
"Courtney!" I said worriedly and hugged my sister.
"Ow...Soda my ribs." Courtney said and I released her.
"Sorry." I said softly letting go of her.
"How you doing kiddo?" Darry said trying to hold back his tears which was strange to see because Darry rarely ever cries. The only time I remember seeing him cry was when mom and dad passed.
"I'm just a little sore and my head hurts a little, but other than that I'm fine. What happened?" Courtney asked confused.
"You don't remember?" Ponyboy asked
"No. All I remember is walking home and blacking out." Courtney said.
I then looked at Darry and Ponyboy. How were we going to tell our sister not only was she attacked but, she was raped as well. That thought alone brought tears back to my eyes.
"What's wrong Soda?" Courtney asked and took my hand in hers, finally noticing her cast.
"What happened to my hand?" Courtney asked confused by the cast.
"You have a few bruises, a broken wrist and a few broken ribs. You were jumped on your way home from work." Darry said.
"Oh." Courtney said sadly.
Just then there was a knock on the door. We looked up to see her doctor.
"Hello Courtney. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked her.
"A little sore." Courtney said.
"Well that's to be expected you were jumped and....raped." The doctor said and we all looked to see Courtney's expression.
Her face was white as if she had just seen a ghost. Nice going doc. We were getting to tell her that part. Way to spring it on her....idiot. I thought.
"N-no....no...NO!" Courtney yelled and broke down crying.
I went to hug my twin sister, but she just flinched and pushed me away her own twin brother. She must be feeling so many emotions right now, hurt, broken, confused. I wish I could take my sisters pain away but I can't.
"We should do a rape kit." The doc said.
"Okay." Darry said and walked out followed by Pony.
I was about to follow them out of the room, but felt something grab my arm. I looked to see Courtney with tears in her eyes.
"Soda, please stay with me." Courtney said, but the way she said it was so broken.
I looked at the doctor and he said it was fine, so I stayed right there by my sisters side as they did her rape kit. After that was done I stayed with Courtney and the rest of the guys visited her glad she was okay.
(The first rape kit wasn't done until the 1970s, but let's pretend they have been around longer.)