Chapter 22

Warning: suicide attempt.

Soda's POV
It's been a few weeks since we found out our sister was pregnant. We had her six week appointment a few weeks ago and she hasn't been the same since. I know Courtney said she wanted to keep the baby, but I could tell she wasn't happy. I mean we're twins so I know when she's unhappy. She hasn't been in school either, apparently she talked with the principal and had someone come to the house to home school her.
"Courtney?" I called as I knocked on her bedroom door. No answer.
"Courtney please talk to me. Ponyboy, Darry and I are worried. Please come out and talk to us." I said, but nothing.
"Courtney? Will you at least talk to me." I said. No answer. I tried opening the door to our bedroom but the door was locked. Courtney never locks our bedroom door. Something's wrong.
"Darry!" I said worriedly.
"Yeah?" Darry said coming out of the kitchen.
"Pony, Courtney and I's bedroom door is locked and she's not answering. Something's wrong! I can feel it." I said worriedly with tears in my eyes.
"What's going on?" Ponyboy asked joining Darry and I.
"Courtney's not answering." I said worriedly.
Darry then slammed on the door but it didn't budge. Darry slammed on the door once more and it broke down.
"Courtney!" I yelled and ran by Courtney who was on the floor with blood running down her arms.
"I think I'm gonna be sick." Ponyboy said and ran to the bathroom.
"Soda go call 911." Darry said and I ran out of the room leaving Darry who tried to stop Courtney from bleeding.
"Hello? 911 What's your emergency?" The person on the phone said.
"M-my sister is bleeding! Hurry!" I said.
"Calm down sir. What's your address." The person on the phone said and I told them my address and said an ambulance was on the way.
10 minutes later a few EMT's came through our door and lifted her onto the gurney and rushed her to the hospital with Darry, Pony and I following in the truck behind. Once we were in the hospital we were told to wait in the waiting room while they took care of our sister. Please. Please don't let me my sister die. Why? Why would she do this? Please let her be alright. I thought as I cried.